Sunday, January 21, 2001
home page local news opinion business island life sports
The Great Index to Fun
Island Sounds
Book Reviews
Faith Calendar
Hawaii Ways
Restaurant Reviews
AP Arts & Leisure
Ohana Announcements
Weddings and Engagements
How to Get Listed
Classified Ads
Restaurant Guide
Business Directory

Posted on: Sunday, January 21, 2001

Here are some places for parents to call for advice on helping their children control anger:

Adult Friends for Youth helps parents of preteens and teens ages 11 to 17. 848-1411.

Ask Aloha United Way offers information and referrals on health, services, and nonprofit and government agencies. 275-2000.

Center for Parenting Teens in Crisis, sponsored by Hawaii Youth for Christ, provides guidance to at-risk adolescents and to parents. 836-0600.

Child and Family Service is a nonprofit organization supporting families and the healthy development of children. 681-3500 or

Family Peace Center offers violence counseling and anger-management training. 832-0855.

Parents and Children Together is a nonprofit organization that offers information for families and help with intervention and prevention of domestic violence and child abuse. 847-3285

The Parent Line is a state Department of Health program that answers parents’ questions on child development and behavior. 526-1222 (1-800-816-1222 from the Neighbor Islands).

Tough Love is a parenting support group. 395-8926.

[back to top]

Home | Local News | Opinion | Business | Island Life | Sports
Index to Fun | Island Sounds | Book Reviews | Faith Calendar
Hawaii Ways | Taste

How to Subscribe | How to Advertise | Site Map | Terms of Service | Corrections

© COPYRIGHT 2001 The Honolulu Advertiser, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.