Great Keiki & Teen Fest marks 10th anniversary with festivities
By Wayne Harada
Advertiser Entertainment Editor
The Great Keiki & Teen Fest, a two-day gathering of food, fun, fellowship and more, will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 21 and 22 at McCoy Pavilion, Ala Moana Park.
The event, presented by Atlantis Adventures, is aimed to families with youngsters, as well as teens. Parents are also encouraged to
participate. Other sponsors include the City and County of Honolulu, The Advertiser, Hawaiian Electric Co., Meadow Gold Dairies and HMSA.
This year's festivities, marking the 10th anniversary of the event, will be launched with a parade of high school bands from Hawai'i and the Mainland, beginning at 10 a.m. April 21, from Planet Hollywood to Kapi'olani Park.
There will be a variety of musical acts, from Imua to Col÷n, and everything from physical culture clubs to dance ensembles. In addition, there will be educational attractions by 150 community groups and agencies targeting five themed areas: Care of the Earth, Safety and Health, Education and Summer Fun, Arts and Humanities, and Sports and Fitness.
Admission is free.
Schedule of Events:
SATURDAY, APRIL 21
Main (Keiki) Stage
- 9:30 to 10 a.m. Ke Ope Ono.
- 10:05 to 10:40 a.m. Imua with Ke Ope Ono.
- 10:45 to 11:15 a.m. Team High.
- 11:15 to 11:45 a.m. Little Stars, A Class Act.
- 11:45 a.m. to noon Ron Takamoto & Sons (Michael Jackson impersonators).
- Noon to 12:45 p.m. Na 'iwi.
- 12:50 to 1:10 p.m. Parade band awards presentation.
- 1:15 to 2 p.m. The Yo Yo Company.
- 2:05 to 2:50 p.m. Kuo Min Tang Physical Cultural Assn.
- 11 to 11:30 a.m. Keahiwai.
- Noon to 12:30 p.m. Rainbow Dancers, Honolulu Dance Company.
- 1:15 to 2 p.m. Kanalo.
- 2:15 to 3 p.m. Soulfree.
SUNDAY, APRIL 22
Main (Keiki) Stage
- 9:30 to 9:50 a.m. Hawai'i Cheer Company.
- 10:30 to 11 a.m. Ronald McDonald.
- 11 to 11:30 a.m. Ben Vegas with Malia Gibson.
- Noon to 12:30 p.m. Little Stars, A Class Act.
- 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. Col÷n.
- 1:15 to 1:45 p.m. Team High Performance.
- 2 p.m. Maunalua.
- 10 to 10:20 a.m. Hawai'i Cheer Company.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Higher, Faster, Stronger competition.
- 3:15 to 4 p.m. Kahiau.