HHSAA tourneys announced
The HHSAA yesterday announced dates and most sites for 25 state championship tournaments for 2001-02.
Sites for golf still are in negotiation; track and field has been committed to the Kamehameha Schools stadium if construction is completed.
State tournaments will be added for outrigger canoe paddling and cheerleading if those sports are approved by the HHSAA at a Sept. 6 meeting and the requisite three leagues sponsor the sports.
The schedule (sponsors in parentheses):
- Boys air riflery (Civilian Marksmanship Program) Oct. 29 at Konawaena High.
- Girls air riflery (Civilian Marksmanship Program) Oct. 30 at Konawaena High.
- Boys and girls bowling (Sam Choy's) Nov. 8 and 9 at Schofield Lanes.
- Boys volleyball (Nissan) Nov. 8 at McKinley High and Blaisdell Arena; Nov. 9-10 at Blaisdell Arena.
- Boys and girls cross country (Honolulu Marathon) Nov. 10 at Kaua'i Community College.
- Girls volleyball (Nissan) Nov. 15 at Kamehameha Schools and Blaisdell Arena; Nov. 16 and 17 at Blaisdell Arena.
- Football (Chevron) Nov. 16 on Kaua'i, Big Island and Aloha Stadium. Nov. 23 and 30 at Aloha Stadium.
- Softball (Chevron) Jan. 30 and 31, Feb. 1 and 2 at UH Wahine Softball Stadium.
- Boys soccer (AT&T Wireless) Feb. 6, 7, 8 and 9 at Maui War Memorial Stadium.
- Girls soccer (Meadow Gold) Feb. 13, 14, 15 and 16 at Waipi'o Peninsula Soccer Park.
- Boys and girls swimming and diving (Local Motion) Feb. 22 and 23 at Kailua-Kona Aquatic Complex.
- Boys Basketball (Hawaiian Airlines) Feb. 20, 21, 22 and 23 at Blaisdell Arena.
- Boys and girls wrestling (Data House) March 1 and 2 at Blaisdell Arena.
- Girls golf (David S. Ishii Foundation) May 9 and 10, site to be determined.
- Boys and girls tennis (Carlsmith and Ball) May 9, 10 and 11 at Wailea and Makena tennis clubs, Maui.
- Boys and girls track and field (Island Movers) May 9 and 11, site to be determined.
- Boys golf (David S. Ishii Foundation) May 16 and 17, site to be determined.
- Girls basketball (Hawaiian Airlines) May 14, 15, 16 and 17 at Stan Sheriff Center.
- Baseball (Wally Yonamine Foundation) May 15, 16, 17 and 18 at Rainbow Stadium.