The Racing Report
HAWAI'I MOTOR SPEEDWAY
- What: Auto racing
- Site: Hawai'i Motor Speedway.
- Schedule: Gates open 5 p.m. tomorrow, with racing at 7 p.m.
- Track: 1/4-mile, ultra-wide (85 feet wide), dirt track oval.
- Tickets: Adults $7, seniors 55 and older and juniors 11-17 $5, children 6-10 $3 and children 5-younger free.
- Information: Dirt-track hotline at 682-8226.
- Fast facts: Racing will feature winged sprint cars, mini stocks, super stocks, midgets, modifieds and cruzer bruzers.
- Last week: The winners last week wereDean Freitas (winged sprint car), Jimbo Joseph (modified), Derek Durbin (mini modified), Mavrik Britton (super street stock), Brandon Ternora (mini stock) and Jonathan Dos Santos (cruzer bruzers).
HAWAI'I RACEWAY PARK
- What: Street car racing.
- Site: Hawai'i Raceway Park.
- Schedule: Today and tomorrow. Gates open 6 p.m. and racing begins at 7 p.m.
- Track: 1/4-mile drag strip.
- Tickets: Cost is $6, with children 7 and under free.
- Information: 841-3724.
- What: Kmart 400
- Site: Brooklyn, Mich.
- Schedule: Sunday, FX, 7 a.m.
- Track: Michigan Speedway (d-shaped oval, 2 miles, 18 degrees banking in turns).
- Race distance: 400 miles, 200 laps.
- Fast facts: Bill Elliott leads all active drivers with seven victories in Michigan. ... Davey Allison, in 1992, was the last driver to win from the pole. ... Ernie Irvan came from 20th place to win in 1997. ... There have been seven different winners in the last 10 races at Michigan.
- Next race: Pocono 500, June 17, Long Pond, Pa.
- On the net: http://www.nascar.com
- What: Tenneco Automotive Grand Prix, June 17.
- Site: Detroit.
- On the net: http: //www.cart.com
INDY RACING LEAGUE
- What: Casino Magic 500
- Site: Fort Worth, Texas
- Schedule: Tomorrow, ESPN, 2 p.m.
- Track: Texas Motor Speedway (quad-oval, 1.5 miles, 24 degrees banking in turns).
- Race distance: 300 miles, 200 laps.
- Fast facts: There has not been a repeat winner at Texas Motor Speedway. ... This is the first night race of the season.
- Next race: Radisson Indy 200, June 17, Fountain, Colo.
- On the net: http: //www.indyracingleague.com
- What: Canadian Grand Prix
- Site: Montreal
- Schedule: Sunday, Fox Sports Net, 6:30 a.m.
- Track: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (road course, 2.747 miles, 15 turns).
- Race distance: 189.543 miles, 69 laps.
- Fast facts: The track is named after the father of former series champion Jacques Villeneuve. Schumacher leads Coulthard by 12 points in the standings. ... Villeneuve is sixth in the standings.
- Next race: European Grand Prix, June 24, Nurburgring, Germany.
- On the net: http://www.formula1.com