Profile: Dwight Yoshioka
Executive sous chef, Sheraton Waikiki Hotel
- Born: Kaua'i
- Culinary background: Associate degree in food service from Kapi'olani Community College; apprenticeship program at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- My style of cooking: "Pacific Rim, incorporating the 'flavors of Hawai'i,' which is Sheraton's signature cuisine. I love to cook with seared ahi, combined with a wasabi beurre blanc and smoked opah with mixed greens and lemon-grass vinaigrette."
- Meal: "Seared New York steak, as rare as possible, two scoops rice and kim chee"
- Comfort food: "Good News candy bar"
- Cookbook: "The Professional Chef"
- Cooking Show: "East Meets West with Ming Tsai"
- Kitchen tool: "Tongs"
- When I'm really hungry: "I grab a mixed plate from Rainbow Drive Inn and two Spam musubis from 7-11."
- When I'm not working I like to: "Fish, bowl, play softball and occasionally, carve ice"
- When I go out to eat I like to go to: "Elena's (Home of Finest Filipino Foods in Waipahu) because I like to eat some of their exotic dishes like diniguan"
- If I could invite any three people to dinner, I would invite: "My girlfriend, my mom and my dad"
- My dream job in the culinary world is: "To become the chef/owner of my own restaurant"