- COACHES VS. CANCER, fund-raiser for the American Cancer Society with UH basketball program, live and silent auction, heavy pupu, hosted bar, 6-9 p.m., Murphy's Bar & Grill; tickets, $35 at Murphy's or American Cancer Society; reservations and information, 595-7544.
- FREE GOURMET AND CANDY FOOD DEMONSTRATIONS, noon-2 p.m., Macy's in Ala Moana, Island Gourmet and Candy Department, fourth floor; featured Keith's Cookies, Kona Joe Coffee, Pacific Place Tea, Nuts about Hawaii Macadamia, Classic Hawaiian Kitchen, Tahitian Goddess.
- EVENING AT THE PALACE, fund-raiser for the Kohala Chamber of Commerce and the Daughters of Hawai'i, 6-9 p.m., Hulihe'e Palace, Kona, Hawai'i island; tastings from Kona and Kohala chefs, wine and microbrewery products, silent auction, music; $65. (808) 329-1758.
- The 'Ulupalakua Thing, 2002 Maui Agricultural Trade Show & Sampling at 'Ulupalakua Ranch & Tedeschi Vineyards, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., 'Ulupalakua, Maui. Admission: $10. Information: (808) 878-6058; www.mauiag.org.
- "WAI'ANAE RETREAT," segment of "Hawai'i Cooks with Roy Yamaguchi," featuring JW Marriott 'Ihiliani Resort and Spa with former executive chef Mark Adair, 7:30 p.m., KHET.
- Wrath of Grapes, the indigo wine club, wine-tasting with guest vintners and wine purveyors, 6 p.m.; $20 includes pupu by chef Glenn Chu. Limited seating; reservations, 521-2900.
Send news of culinary events to Culinary Calendar, Taste, P.O. Box 3110, Honolulu, HI 96802. Fax: 525-8055. E-mail email@example.com.