What's open and closed Labor Day
Here's what's open and closed Labor Day, Sept. 2.
- Federal offices: Closed.
- State offices: Closed.
- City, county offices: Closed.
- Public: Closed.
- UH: No classes; offices closed; both Sinclair and Hamilton libraries, closed.
- Libraries: Closed; some branches will be closed on Saturday.
- TheBus: Federal holiday schedule. Information: 848-5555.
- On-street parking: Free, except for metered spaces on Kalakaua Avenue adjacent to Kapi'olani Park; holiday towaway parking as permitted by sign; municipal lot meters must be fed.
- Traffic: No coning.
- Trash: Will be collected.
- Landfills and convenience centers: Open.
- Open Markets: Closed.
- Municipal golf courses: Open.
- Recreation centers: Pools and gyms open 1 to 5 p.m.; no classes.
- Mail: Post offices closed; no regular residential and business delivery; no collection (blue) box pickups; express mail will be delivered.
- Handi-Van: Operating 6 a.m. to midnight.
- Humane Society: Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Blood bank: Dillingham center open 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; downtown center closed.
- Banks/savings and loans: Closed
- Stock market: U.S. financial markets, closed; foreign markets, open.
- Credit unions: Closed.
- Nat'l Memorial Cemetery (Punchbowl): Open.
- Arizona Memorial: Open.
- Polynesian Cultural Center: Open.
- Contemporary (art) Museum: Open.
- Bishop Museum: Open.
- Honolulu Zoo: Open.
- Waikiki Aquarium: Open.
- Academy of Arts: Closed
- Botanical Gardens, including Foster Garden, Ho'omaluhia, Wahiawa and Koko Head botanic gardens: Open.
- Lyon Arboretum (UH): Closed.
- Hawaii Maritime Center: Open.
- Pacific Aerospace Museum (Honolulu International Airport): Open.
- Mission Houses Museum: Closed.
- 'Iolani Palace: Closed.
- Queen Emma Summer Palace: Closed.
- Sea Life Park: Open.
- U.S. Army Museum: Closed.
- USS Bowfin: Open.
- USS Missouri: Open.
- Waimea Valley Adventure Park: Open.
- Senator Fong's Plantation & Gardens: Open.
- Waipahu Cultural Garden Park: Closed.