What's open and closed Christmas Day
Here's what's open and closed Christmas Day, Dec. 25.
- Federal offices: Closed.
- State offices: Closed.
- City, county offices: Closed.
- Public: Closed.
- UH: Offices closed; no classes.
- Libraries: Closed. (Libraries usually open on Tuesdays will close at 5 p.m.).
- TheBus: Sunday schedule.
- Street parking: Free, except for Kalakaua Avenue metered stalls along Kapi'olani Park; holiday towaway zone parking as permitted by sign; municipal lots must be fed.
- Traffic: No coning.
- Trash: No pickup.
- Landfills: Closed.
- Open Markets: Closed.
- Municipal golf courses: Closed, except for Pali and West Loch golf courses (open 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.). Eighteen-hole reservations 7 to 11 a.m.; nine-hole reservations 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- City Recreation Centers: Closed.
- Mail: Post offices closed; no residential or business delivery; no mailbox pickups; Express delivery to selected areas.
- Handi-Van: Operating.
- Humane Society: Closed.
- Blood bank: Both Dillingham headquarters and downtown center closed.
- Banks: Most closed.
- Stock market: Closed.
- Credit unions: Closed.
- National Memorial Cemetery (Punchbowl): Open.
- Honolulu Academy of Arts: Closed.
- Arizona Memorial: Closed.
- Battleship Missouri Memorial: Closed.
- USS Bowfin: Closed.
- Bishop Museum: Closed.
- Botanical Gardens, including Foster, Ho'omaluhia, Wahiawa & Koko Head: Closed.
- Contemporary (art) Museum: Closed.
- Hawai'i Children's Discovery Center: Closed.
- Hawai'i Maritime Center: Closed.
- Honolulu Zoo: Closed.
- 'Iolani Palace: Closed.
- Japanese Cultural Center (and Historical Gallery): Closed.
- Lyon Arboretum (UH): Closed.
- Mission Houses Museum: Closed.
- Polynesian Cultural Center: Closed.
- Paradise Cove Lu'au: Open.
- Queen Emma Summer Palace: Closed.
- Sea Life Park: Open.
- Sen. Fong's Plantation & Gardens: Closed.
- U.S. Army Museum: Closed.
- Waikiki Aquarium: Closed.
- Waimea Falls Park: Open.
- Waipahu Cultural Garden
- Park (and Hawaii's Plantation Village): Closed.
Correction: There will be no trash pickup in Honolulu and landfills will be closed on Christmas Day. A previous version of this listing was incorrect.