- "Walks in the Park," led by members of the Hawai'i Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association and sponsored by Exercise Honolulu, 8-9 a.m. each Sunday through Feb. 17 at various locations. For information, call 536-6988 or log on to www.exercisehonolulu.com.
- Free health screening for uninsured or underinsured women ages 50-64, including mammogram, Pap smear, breast and pelvic exam, by appointment only at St. Francis Medical Center. Call for qualifying guidelines and more information: 547-6798.
- Chi-Lel Qigong Class, sponsored by Blue Sky Healing Arts, 8-9 a.m. each Thursday, Kapahulu Center, 3410 Campbell Ave.; $3. 396-9080.
- Relay for Life Rally, learn about the American Cancer Society's plans for relay fund-raising events to be held in Central O'ahu locations May 4 through July 13, with food, information and door prizes, 6:30 p.m., Campbell Estate Building, Kapolei. Call for directions and information: 486-8420.
- "Heart Healthy Cooking for Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease," Vesanto Melina (former staff dietician for Dr. Dean Ornish's Heart Disease Reversal Program), Dr. Neal Pinckney and Dr. John Westerdahl prepare heart-healthy recipes, a "Veggie Life Cooking Class," 7-8:30 p.m., Castle Center for Health Promotion, Kane'ohe; $10. Registration: 263-5400.
- Introductory Hatha Yoga Class, meet the instructors and pick up a class schedule, 6:15-7:30 p.m., Yoga Hawaii, Kaimuki; free. 739-9642.
- "First Aid Acupressue Points," workshop with Marie Riley on self-help Jin Shin and "acu-points" to relieve common symptoms of ill health, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Continuing Education, Windward Community College, Kane'ohe; $19. Registration: 325-7433, 235-7400.
- "Orientation to Meditation," lecture, demonstration and class exercises to focus the mind, sponsored by the Tzu Chi Foundation, 3-4 p.m. each Saturday, 1238 Wilhelmina Rise, Kaimuki; free. 737-8885.
- "Prepared Childbirth," four-session class on the Lamaze childbirth technique, 12:30-3:30 p.m., Sundays, Feb. 10-24, Castle Medical Center, Kailua; $75. 263-5400.
- Blood pressure checks offered during American Heart Month, 1-4 p.m. each Tuesday through Feb. 26 at The Honolulu Medical Group, free. 537-2211, ext. 581.
- "Achieve Optimal Health Through the 'Wellness' Model," information on health breakthroughs, 12:30 p.m., Island Family Chiropractic; free. 596-0599.
- "Wellness Outlook Workshop," five-session workshop on the connection between mind, body and spirit, 4:30-6 p.m. each Wednesday, Feb. 13-March 13, third floor conference room, Kaiser Honolulu Clinic; $48 plan members, $80 non-members. Pre-register: 432-2270.
Send announcements to: Health Calendar, Island Life, Honolulu Advertiser, P.O. Box 3110, Honolulu, HI 96802. Fax: 525-8055. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 525-8055.