Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

Log in | Become a member
The Honolulu Advertiser

Posted at 11:28 a.m., Tuesday, February 12, 2002

Police Beat

Advertiser Staff

Driver says teen threw rocks at car

A 17-year-old boy was arrested last night after he allegedly pelted a passing car with rocks and other objects and then assaulted a second victim in the Liliha Street area.

At about 8:40 p.m., the suspect threw rocks and bottles at a car driven by a 42-year-old man, who then stopped to inspect the damage, police said. The suspect continued throwing objects until the victim drove further to a parking lot, where he called police.

The suspect then hurled a large concrete object at the car, shattering a window, police said.

The victim left his car, which the suspect then drove a short distance until security stopped him. The suspect walked a short distance further and allegedly confronted a second male victim, 51, taking his glasses and assaulting him.

He returned to the parking lot, where he was identified and arrested on criminal property damage, robbery, theft and attempted theft charges.

Two men sought in 'Aiea robbery

Police are seeking two men in their 20s in connection with a robbery that occurred late last night on Hekaha Street in 'Aiea.

The victim, a 22-year-old man, was parked with a friend at about 10:40 p.m. when he was allegedly confronted by the robbers, who pointed a gun.

The men then took the victim's wallet and fled in a gold or silver Honda four-door sedan, police said. The victim then reported the incident at a nearby gas station.

Domestic fight escalates in 'Ewa

A domestic violence incident in 'Ewa Beach late last night escalated until the suspect allegedly threatened his wife with a knife.

The fight began at 10:30 p.m. at the Hanapouli Circle home. A half-hour later, police said, the 37-year-old man grabbed a kitchen knife, held it in the face of his wife, 33, and threatened to kill her. The suspect then allegedly seized the couple's child and went into the bedroom, giving his wife the opportunity to call police.

First-degree terroristic threatening charges against the man are pending.

Kalihi Uka station back in operation

The Kalihi Uka Fire Station, which had been closed for renovations since November 2000, re-opened Monday.

The station received upgrades to its electrical, plumbing, air conditioning and domestic water systems. The facility also underwent changes to its infrastructure to make it more accessible to the public as well as to meet requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The station at 1861 Kamehameha IV Road has an engine company and a hazardous materials response company. It has central air conditioning, a standby emergency generator, a decontamination room and a commercial washing machine.

During renovations, firefighters were moved and responded from the Kuakini and Kalihi fire stations.