Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

Log in | Become a member
The Honolulu Advertiser
Posted on: Sunday, July 21, 2002

How to get listed

If you recently got married or engaged, welcomed a new baby, or observed a special birthday, anniversary or other major landmark, you are invited to share the good news in The Advertiser.

Getting listed is absolutely free, with no strings attached. And it's easy!

Present and former Hawai'i residents and Hawai'i-based military people are eligible.

You can obtain an official form in these ways:

  • Fill out a form online.
  • Call us at 535-8174. We'll mail you a form.
  • Pick up a form at the front desk of The Advertiser, 605 Kapi'olani Blvd.

Be sure to check whether an official document, such as a birth certificate or marriage certificate, is required for your type of announcement. If so, we can't print your announcement without it.

We print pictures with announcements of births, adoptions, weddings, special birthdays (including 100th birthdays) and special anniversaries, when space is available. Sending a photo is optional. Please label photo with name(s) of those pictured.

If you are submitting a photograph along with your announcement, please submit only photographs for which you have the right to authorize publication. All announcements and photographs submitted to The Advertiser may be published, used or distributed in print, electronic or other media.

Because of the volume, we cannot return pictures or other materials, so send us copies that you can spare.