The religion calendar appears on the Faith page each Saturday. Send your listing to Island Life/Faith, P.O. Box 3110, Honolulu, HI 96802. Include date, time, place, who's involved and cost, if any, of events, along with a daytime contact number.
- "INTRODUCTION TO MEDITATION," by Lama Karma Rinchen, 9 a.m.-noon, Kagyu Thegchen Ling Tibetan Buddhist Meditation Center, 26 Gartley Place, Nu'uanu; $20. 595-8989.
- FAITH INTO ACTION SERIES, features "Gambling: Our Money and Our Life," by Judy Rantala, president of Hawaii Coalition Against Legalized Gambling, 9:45 a.m., Central Union Church, women's building, 1660 S. Beretania St.; child care in Children's Center, room 10; free. 941-0957.
- "THE BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR," 79th Bi-Annual Youth Program with the Youth Crusaders, youth choir and orchestra, and sermon "Living In the Light of God," by Tiare Falaniko, 10 a.m., Apostolic Faith Church, 1043 Middle St., Kalihi. 847-5902.
- WINDWARD CHOIR FESTIVAL: "THERE IS A BALM IN GILEAD," 2 p.m., Windward United Church of Christ, 38 Kane'ohe Bay Drive, Kailua; free. 254-3802.
- "HOW TO ACHIEVE INTIMACY," talk by Dr. Susan Gregg, 6-9 p.m., the Life Force Center, 568 Halekauwila St., top floor, Kaka'ako; $5 (free parking). 536-8287.
- NAPOLEON KAUFFMAN, former NFL football player with the Los Angeles Raiders, now founder and director of Crucified With Christ Ministries, will speak at 6:30 p.m., Grace Bible Church Honolulu, 1052 Ilima Drive, 'Alewa Heights. 595-6381.
- LIVING IN COMMUNITY, summer workshop series aimed at equipping God's people through Scripture, the Holy Spirit and one another, to live in the community; various times and locations; $35. Mary, 943-0833.
- SEASON FOR PEACE AND NON-VIOLENCE HAWAII meeting to plan next year's events, 6 p.m., Windward Community College theater, 45-720 Kea'ahala Road, Kane'ohe. 261-1934.
- BON DANCE: WAIMEA HIGASHI HONGWANJI, 8 p.m. tonight and Saturday, Waimea, Kaua'i. (808) 338-1847.
- KAMEHAMEHA DAY LU'AU AND CRAFT FAIR, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Kawaiaha'o Church, South King and Punchbowl streets; 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m., $12 (takeout available for $10, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.); free church and grounds tours. Parade begins 9:30 a.m. 522-1333.
- BON DANCE: HAWAI'I'S PLANTATION VILLAGE, 6-10 p.m., 94-695 Waipahu St. 677-0110.
- QUANTUM ENERGETIC BALANCING, lecture/demonstration by Stephen Lewis, co-author of "Sanctuary: The Path to Consciousness," 7-9 p.m., Unity Church of Hawaii, 3608 Diamond Head Circle, Diamond Head/Kapahulu; free. 735-4436.
- PARENTING TEENS, 10-week class for parents of strong-willed teens with difficult behavior, starts 6-9 p.m. June 10; $22 workbook fee; sponsored by New Hope Christian Fellowship. 842-4242 ext. 408.
- HONOLULU BOY CHOIR OPEN AUDITIONS July 13 and July 20, Harris United Methodist Church; ages 7-12, no experience needed; call for an appointment. 596-7464.