The religion calendar appears on the Faith page each Saturday. Send your listing to Island Life/Faith, P.O. Box 3110, Honolulu, HI 96802. Include date, time, place, who's involved and cost, if any, of events, along with a daytime contact number.
- ORIENTATION TO MEDITATION, a three-hour introduction to the theory, posture and method of focusing the mind in the Zen tradition, 9 a.m.-noon, Palolo Zen Center, 2747 Wai'oma'o Road; free; no reservations needed. 735-1347.
- "FATHER POWER," part of the Faith In Action series, 9:45 a.m., Central Union Church, women's building, 1660 S. Beretania St.; childcare in Children's Center, room 10; free. 941-0957.
- "ECONOMIC JUSTICE AND YOU," last in a series, 10:45 a.m., First Christian Church, 1516 Kewalo St., Makiki. 521-3500.
- "SPIRITUAL GIFTS FOR THE KINGDOM COMMUNITY," five-week course by Bible Institute of Hawaii, continues through July 25, 7-9 p.m., St. Christopher's Church parish hall, 93, N. Kainalu Drive, Kailua; free. 262-8176.
- "Stories of peace in the holy land," by Eliyahu Olan McLean, director, Peacemaker Community, Israel, 7:30-9 p.m., Honolulu Friends Meeting House, 2426 O'ahu Ave., Manoa; free. 595-1055.
- "Getting fit: god's exercise program for your spirit," by Craig Quick and Stephen Paschal, 7:30 p.m., Honolulu Baha'i Center, 2165 10th Ave., Palolo; free. 738-5683.
- 'EWA HONGWANJI MISSION BON DANCE, 7:30 p.m., 91-1133 Renton Road; service at 6:30 p.m. 681-5222.
- Meditation by Swami Bhaskarananda will be offered at the Laniakea YWCA, 1040 Richards St., Room 105, at 11:30 a.m. July 7, 14, 21 and 28.
- Nondenominational Bible talks focusing on the life and teachings of Jesus, 5 p.m. Sundays, June 23-July 28, Ho'ae'ae Community Park, Village Park, Waipahu; free. 845-2673.
- tenrikyo annual church picnic, July 4, Kapi'olani Park, Waikiki; Tad Iwata, 384-4327.
- KAUMAKAPILI CHURCH BENEFIT LU'AU, 5:30 p.m. July 20, 766 N. King St., Hale Kamika, Palama; full traditional menu and entertainment; drive-up take-out, Kanoa St., 11 a.m.-5 p.m.; lu'au $20, take-out $15. 845-0908.
- HONPA HONGWANJI HAWAII BETSUIN SIXTH ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT, 11 a.m. Aug. 8, Ala Wai Golf Course; $100 fee ($50 tax deductible) or $120 including four mulligans ($70 tax deductible), includes lunch, drinks and a banquet. 622-2773.
Correction: Meditation by Swami Bhaskarananda will be offered at the Laniakea YWCA, 1040 Richards St., Room 105, at 11:30 a.m. July 7, 14, 21 and 28. An incorrect date was given in a previous version of this calendar.