- Ongoing Classes at Jodo Mission. Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Call for times. Fee: $25/month. Information: Adrian 384-7555 or 256-8194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Now-March 9 West O'ahu Little League Registration. Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:30-6 p.m. at New Mahiko District Park. Saturdays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at New Mahiko District Park. Sundays from 12-4 p.m. at Asing Park. Ages 5-18. Also accepting applications for coaches. Information: Adrian Salas, 341-2025.
- March Open Basketball League. 10-under and 12-under teams. Information: Kellett Hussey, 306-3422.
- March 20 Iolani Basketball Individual Skills Clinicregistration deadline. At Iolani Gymnasium. For boys and girls ages 6-18. The first session is March 24-25 from 3:30-6:00 p.m. The second session is March 27-28 from 6:00-8:30 p.m. Fee: $50 per session or $90 for both. Information and applications 943-2208.
- April 13 Mens Open Division Basketball League registration deadline. At Kalakaua Gym. League starts May 4 and ends July 27. Entry Fee: $40. Information: Robert Wong 739-1456 or 779-4953.
- May 10 Memorial Weekend 5-on-5 Tournament registration deadline. At Kaimuki High School. Tournament held on May 24-26. Entry Fee: $300. Information: Robert Wong 739-1456 or 779-4953.
- June Alumni League. At Palama Gym. Saturdays. Information: Glenn Martin 239-9937.
- March 18 18th annual Tinman Biathlon entry deadline. At Ala Moana Park, Magic Island on March 30. 2.7-mile run and 800-meter swim. Starts at 6:30 a.m. Fee: $13. Late entries will be accepted at The Bike Shop and on race day. Information: Olga Caldwell (Tinman Unlimited), 595-5317, or Faye Saiki (The Bike Shop), 596-0588.
- Sunday Hawai'i TV Bowling. Open Singles. At 'Aiea Bowl. 9 a.m. qualifying, 12:30 p.m. TV taping. Fee: $60 pre-pay, $65 walk-in. Free admission. Information: Scot 571-0965 (pager).
- March 10 Hawai'i TV Bowling. Open Doubles. At Pali Lanes. 9 a.m. qualifying, 12:30 p.m. TV taping. Fee: $60 pre-pay, $65 walk-inFree admission. Information: Scot 571-0965 (pager).
- March 17 Hawai'i TV Bowling. Mixed Team. At Pali Lanes. 9 a.m. qualifying, 12:30 p.m. TV taping. Fee: $60 pre-pay, $65 walk-in. Free admission. Information: Scot 571-0965 (pager).
- March 6, 9, 10 Hawai'i Soccer Referee Association. Training clinics at the Mililani Multipurpose Room for those who are interested in becoming soccer referees. HSRA is a nonprofit organization that services referees who are registered with the United States Soccer Federation. Fee: $25. Information: Connie Young 395-8747 or www.hsra.net.
- Thursdays in March Pearl City Thunderhawks. Year-round club team for boys and girls ages 6-17. 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Blaisdell Park in Pearl City. Info: Tony Ammons 455-7363.
- April 6, April 20 Mililani AYSO Region 119 Fall Registration. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Mililani Mauka Elementary Cafeteria. Open to children born between Feb. 1, 1998 and July 31, 1984. New players must bring copy of birth certificate. Fee: $45. Information: Mary-Gayle 623-9848.
- May 8 Mililani AYSO Region 119 Fall Registration. 6 to 8 p.m. at Mililani District Park multi-purpose room. Open to children born between Feb. 1, 1998 and July 31, 1984. New players must bring copy of birth certificate. Fee: $50. Information: Mary-Gayle 623-9848.
- USA 1-2-3 tennis lessons. At Diamond Head Tennis Center. For beginners and advanced beginners, ages 6-13. Fee: six one-hour lessons for $18. Lessons held 4 p.m.-5 p.m. or 5 p.m.-6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Loaner rackets and tennis ball provided. Information: Madeleine Dreith 955-6696 or Maurice Lucas 497-3820.
- 'Aiea Umpire Hui. Looking for umpires for youth baseball. Information: Cliff 487-0443 or Paul 486-1555.
- Windward area. Umpires needed for youth baseball league. Information: Richard 753-8160.
- Leeward Soccer Club. Looking for girls interested in the U10, U11, and U14 HYSA season. Information: Lena Gualdarama, 696-5705 or email@example.com.
- Mililani Soccer Club. Experienced coaches needed. The club works with players ages 9-18. Under 14 and under-16 girls contact Steve McGehee 623-3573 or 284-2039 (cell). Under-12 boys call Steven Hoo 623-3717.
- Mililani Soccer Club. Looking for girls interested in U16 for the 11 aside Spring 2002 Season. Information: Milton Iha, 626-0239.
- Windward Soccer Club. Coaches for boys and girls teams, ages (11-18), in Spring 2002. Please contact director of coaching Bob Barry at 236-4515 or 375-1314 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manoa Volleyball Club. Competitive travel team needs experienced players. Girls U14 and U16. Information: Charlie Redocto, 942-7481.
To have your event included in upcoming sports notices, please write to:
c/o Advertiser Sports
P.O. Box 3110
Honolulu, HI 96802
You can also fax your information to (808) 525-5491 or email it to: email@example.com.
Preference is given to nonprofit organizations and special recreational events. Participation fees and deadlines must be included. Club information is accepted, space does not permit publication of private class/instruction offerings.
Remember to include names, dates, deadlines, telephone contact numbers and fees.