- Parenting Classes covering general infant care, breast feeding, and CPR and safety, 6-8:30 p.m., also May 9 and 16, Castle Medical Center; $70 per couple for the series or $25 per class. Call to learn how topics are scheduled: 263-5400.
- "Shiatsu for Arms, Wrists and Hands," learn self-help routines to reduce tension and increase circulation, with instructor Marie Riley, for seniors age 55 and over, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Continuing Education, Windward Community College, Kane'ohe; $9. 235-7433, 235-7400.
- "Near-Body Ki Balancing," self-help methods to relieve pain, inflammation, sinus congestion and shoulder tension, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Continuing Education, Windward Community College, Kane'ohe; $19. 235-7433, 235-7400.
- "Walk This Way," 5K or 1-mile walks to benefit the Arthritis Foundation, registration 8 a.m., walks begin 9 a.m., Windward Mall, Kane'ohe; donations welcome. 942-3636.
- "Qigong Healing Seminar," with Master Jizhou Yang, sponsored by East West Qigong International, 1-2:30 p.m., Kamehameha Auditorium, Queen's Medical Center; $15. 941-9707.
- "World Asthma Day celebration," concert with Jake Shimabukuro and Bruce Hamada, games, prizes and informational booths, noon-1 p.m., Tamarind Park at Bishop Square; free. 537-5966.
- Skin Cancer Screenings, exams by licensed dermatologist, 10 a.m.-noon, Longs Drug Stores in Kailua, Pali Highway, Mo'ili'ili, Manoa Marketplace, Pearlridge and Mililani; free, no appointment necessary. 262-5124.
- "What are Dioxins? and What are they doing in my food?" on foods to avoid, foods that protect and cooking methods to reduce exposure to dioxins, with Dr. Edward K. Fujimoto, 7 p.m. Ala Wai Golf Clubhouse; free. 944-8344.
Send announcements to: Health Calendar, Island Life, Honolulu Advertiser, P.O. Box 3110, Honolulu, HI 96802. Fax: 525-8055. E-mail: email@example.com or fax 525-8055.