The religion calendar appears on the Faith page each Saturday. Send your listing to Island Life/Faith, P.O. Box 3110, Honolulu, HI 96802. Include date, time, place, who's involved and cost, if any, of events, along with a daytime contact number.
- Church Bazaar, with plants, arts and crafts, and country store, 8:30 a.m., Waipahu United Church of Christ. 677-3317.
- "Sacred sign dance and Christian hula workshop," 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Kailua United Methodist Church, 1110 Kailua Road; free; bring lunch, drinks provided. 239-9049 or 239-7771.
- Buddha's birthday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Chinatown Cultural Plaza courtyard, 100 N. Beretania St.; 10 a.m. parade from 'A'ala Park; ceremonies and lion dance, fireworks, vegetarian food. 259-5637.
- Chenrezig puja and meditation, Bodhissatva of Compassion, 10-11:30 a.m. (also Zhine meditation instruction with Lama Wang-chuck, 7-8 p.m. Tuesday), Tibetan Buddhist Center, 1356-B Wilhelmina Rise, Kaimuki; donation. 735-2262.
- Tibetan language class by Lama Tenpa, 2-4 p.m., Kagyu Thegchen Ling Tibetan Buddhist Meditation Center, 26 Gartley Place, Nu'uanu; $20. 595-8989.
- Gotan-e, commemorating the birth of Shinran Shonin, founder of Jodo Shin Buddhism, 7 p.m. candlelight service, Honpa Hongwanji Hawaii Betsuin, 1727 Pali Highway, Nu'uanu. (Also services in Japanese, 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sunday, and for family, 10 a.m. Sunday.) 536-7044.
- "Aging in Hawai'i," lecture by Dr. Patricia Blanchette as part of the "Faith Into Action series, 9:45 a.m., Central Union Church; free. 941-0957.
- Pentecost picnic, potluck, with praise music, 1-5 p.m., Neal Blaisdell Park, Waimalu; sponsored by Hawaii Catholic Charismatic Renewal Services. 455-3224.
- Open Table Pilgrimage, 4-6 p.m., Christian Science Church, 1508 Punahou St. 261-1934.
- Shakti yoga class incorporating meditation, affirmation and toning with sound, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Honolulu Church of Light, 1539 Kapi'olani Blvd.; $7 per class or $20 a month. 952-0880.
- Friends of sabeel in Hawaii monthly meeting for a group devoted to peace between Israelis and Palestinians, 7 p.m., First Christian Church; free. 521-3500.
- "Strong in the Lord," student presentation by Multnomah Music, 7 p.m., First Chinese Church of Christ; more details at 593-9046.
- "Beginning Your Dream Study," an Eckankar book discussion, 7-8:30 p.m., Coffee Talk, 3601 Wai'alae Ave. 735-7719.
- "DNA can't lie: We're one human Family," presentation of the Bah' Faith, 7:30 p.m., Honolulu Bah' Center, 2165 10th Ave.; free. 738-5683.
- "A JOURNEY TOWARD PEACE," presentation by Sacred Dance Guild Hawaii with Quantum Yin from Maui, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m., St. Anthony's retreat center, 3351 Kalihi St.; $20 ($5 bento lunch may be ordered by Monday). 386-8883.
- Lantern floating ceremony by Shinnyo-En, 6 p.m. May 27, Magic Island; 16 canoe clubs participating; 1,000 Shinnyo-En members and 4,000 guests from Japan attending; public invited; music and taiko drums; no food or beverages to be provided; consolatory prayer requests may be made 3-5:30 p.m. at on-site booth; free. 947-2814.