- Oct. 5 Kainalu Little League (T-ball) Early Registration. At Aikahi Park Pavilion, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Late registration Oct. 8, 4-5 p.m. Fee: $70. Information: Iva Kenny, 262-1636.
- Oct. 26 Deadline for Wai Kahala Mustang and Bronco Baseball Winter League sign-ups. For 2002 Winter League. Information and application: Ben Pamatigan, 735-6521.
- Nov. 3, 10, 17, 24 Winter Baseball Conditioning Camp. High school coaches, major league scouts and college players teach some of the latest techniques and fundamentals to better your game. Open to first 40 players. 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fee: $135. Information: 735-1196.
- Oct. 13 MGAC Girls Basketball Registration. At Manoa District Park Pavilion (2721 Ka'aipu Ave.) Grades 2-12, Birth years 1985 through 1995. Fee: $75. Information: Manoa Park, 988-4747.
- Dec. 1 Tryouts for Boys and Girls of Hawai'i Basketball League. Games at Boys and Girls Club Spalding Clubhouse. League runs January through mid-March. Fee: $10 (annual membership). Age groups are 7-9 years, 10-12 years, and 13-15 years. Also looking for volunteer coaches. Information: Mark, 949-4743.
- Now through Oct. 28 Boating Skills and Seamanship class. Held by Flotilla 20, USCG Auxiliary. At McKinley High School, Monday and Wednesday evenings, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Optional text is $35. Information: Julie Schoen, 523-1762 or Bruce Takayama, 455-9943.
- Nov. 9 USAPL Hawai'i State Powerlifting Championships. At Klum Gym, University of Hawai'i. Deadline Oct. 19 or when first 50 entries are received. Classes: teen, women and masters. Open divisions by weight classes. Fee: $55 first division, $30 each additional division, $60 team. Information: 988-6378 or 391-6322 (no calls after 9 p.m.)
- Oct. 19 Hawai'i Women's Rodeo Association All Girls Rodeo. At Barbers Point riding stables. Starting at 9 a.m. Information: Lu Faborito, 455-6686.
- Sundays Free Honolulu Marathon Clinic. 7:30 a.m. every Sunday except for three-day weekends. Kapi'olani Park across Paki Hale at 3833 Paki Ave. Informational talk about marathon training and related subjects followed by group training runs. Information: 531-9930.
- Oct. 28 Deadline for Friends of Kailua High School 5K Fun Run and Walk. Start at Kailua High School gym, 7 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 3. Proceeds go to the Kailua High School computer academy. Fee: $18 with T-shirt, $10 without. Information: Ann Higashi, 266-7900 or Ed Kemper, 524--0330.
- Oct. 28 Deadline for Mililani Soccer Club 7-a-side Tournament. Nov. 29-30, Dec. 1. Boys and girls tournament, under 8 through under 14. Fee: $200 before Oct. 18, $250 after Oct. 18. Applications at www.mililanisoccer.com. Information: Brendan Cravalho, 286-2976.
- Oct. 11-15 Triple Crown Slowpitch Softball Series. For men, women, and mixed teams at Central O'ahu Regional Park. Fee: $225 per team (supply own balls). Information: Bill Pilcher at Bill@triplecrownsports.com.
- Oct. 13 Deadline for Coed Alumni Softball Tournament. On Oct. 18-20 at Lanakila District Park. Meeting for tournament on Oct. 15 at Lanakila gym at 7 p.m. Information: Harriet Carlos, 696-6213.
- Oct. 12, 19 University of Hawai'i Masters Swimming, Swim With Ease. At UH Duke Kahanamoku Aquatic Complex. Fee: $50 per two-day clinic. Information: Yuki Lileikis, 395-7433, or Amy Patz, 956-7510.
- Oct. 26 Hale'iwa Triathlon deadline. Race on Nov. 2, 7 a.m. start. 400-meter swim, 12-mile bike, 3-mile run. A benefit for Manu O Ke Kai canoe club. Fee: $50 ($60 same-day entry.) Information: 372--8885.
- Oct. 30 Pflueger Honda Mountainman Triathlon deadline. At Kualoa Ranch, Nov. 9. 500-meter swim, a 20-kilometer mountain bike ride and a 5-kilometer trail run. Fee: $50 for individual, $70 per relay team. After Oct. 30, registration $55 and $75, respectively. Information: www.bocahawaii.com or 737-8985.
- Oct. 14 USAV Aloha Region Junior Volleyball Open Meeting. At Manoa Recreation Center, 7-9 p.m. Information: e-mail email@example.com, see Web site www.aloharegion.com, or call 227-7367.
- Aerobics instructor needed for Asing Community Park in 'Ewa. Information: Paul Kelly, 681-6435.
- P.A.L. (Police Activities League) looking for referees for flag football in town area. Need to be available Sat. or Sun. Will pay up to $12 per game. Information: Shawn Peterson, 529-3318.
- The Real Hawai'i Futbol Club. Looking for interested soccer players to participate in HYSA League play. Contact Sean Richardson at 330-7325 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wizards Boys Soccer Team. Looking for U-11 boys for HYSA's 2002-2003 seasonal year. Independent team consisting of players in the Mililani/Pearl City area. Information: Shawn Ouchi, 623-4211.
- National Soccer Academy NSA '89. Looking for girls to play in HYSA spring 2003 season. Training at Kapi'olani Park. Information: Marc T. Maehara, 255-6020 or email@example.com
- Mid-Pacific Institute boys tennis coach. Practices held on campus courts. Information: Bill Villa, 973-5095 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lanakila Volleyball Club. Looking for girls volleyball coach for ages 12-14. Must be available for practices during weekdays 4-6 p.m. and weekends for tournament play. Information: Alvin, 521-9451.
- Kaiser High School is looking for JV and varsity assistant wrestling coaches. Information: Mike Kim, 381-5843.
To have your event included in upcoming sports notices, please write to:
c/o Advertiser Sports
P.O. Box 3110
Honolulu, HI 96802
You can also fax your information to (808) 525-5491 or e-mail it to: email@example.com.
Preference is given to nonprofit organizations and special recreational events. Participation fees and deadlines must be included. Club information is accepted, space does not permit publication of private class/instruction offerings.
Remember to include names, dates, deadlines, telephone contact numbers and fees.