Quick and Easy: Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Grape Topping
Angel hair pasta with shrimp and grape topping combines fresh and fruity ingredients for a low-fat main dish with piquant flavor accents. This is a dish that can be made quickly.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked shrimp, shells removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked to al dente stage and kept warm
- Sprigs of tarragon
Brown butter over medium heat in large shallow skillet. Add oil and sauté shrimp and onion until shrimp is barely cooked. Do not overcook. Add grapes, flour, tarragon, lemon peel, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly and remove from skillet.
Add wine to skillet and reduce by half. Add water to reduced wine. Return shrimp mixture to skillet and mix well; heat thoroughly but do not overcook. Serve over pasta. Garnish with sprigs of tarragon.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 389 cal., 20 g pro., 10 g fat, 47 g carb., 2 g fiber, 148 mg chol., 529 mg sodium.