- Power Luncheon, presented by KSSK's Michael W. Perry and Larry Price, featuring a panel discussion with Rex Johnson, executive director of the Hawai'i Tourism Authority, Herman Frazier, University of Hawai'i director of athletics, Honolulu Police Chief Lee Donahue, and Randy Schoch, entrepreneurial owner of Ruth's Chris Steak Houses on O'ahu and Maui; 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Ruth's Chris Steak House; $25 includes salad, bread, sorbet and coffee or tea. Reservations: 599-3860.
- Agricultural Conference 2002, with local and national speakers, workshops, luncheon and exhibition, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, Molokai Ballroom; $125, or $50 for lunch only. Register: 732-2294.
- "Art, Wine & Cheese Friday," 6-8 p.m., Renaissance Ilikai Hotel, Canoes Restaurant; free. 944-6310.
- Tempura Festival, featuring dishes prepared by guest chefs from Japan, today through November 17, Ala Moana Hotel, Plantation Café; lunch served 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuedays-Sundays, $13.25 for complete meal, $11.25 for tempura ten-don; dinner served 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays-Sundays, $14.25 for complete meal, $12.25 for tempura ten-don; also, tempura dishes offered at buffets, 6-10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sundays, $24.50. Reservations: 955-4811.
- "Wrath of Grapes," Indigo Wine Club, 6 p.m. every Tuesday, Indigo Eurasian Cuisine; wine sampling with pupu plate, $20; limited seating. Reservations: 521-2900.
Send items to Taste, The Advertiser, P.O. Box 3110, Honolulu, HI 96802; firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax 525-8055.