The religion calendar appears on the Faith page every Saturday. Events are free unless noted otherwise. Send your listing to Island Life/Faith, P.O. Box 3110, Honolulu, HI 96802. Include date, time, place, who's involved and cost, if any, along with a daytime contact number.
- Autumn Craft and Food Fair on Maui, 8 a.m.-noon, Wailuku Hongwanji Mission, 1828 Vineyard St. 244-5320.
- Fall Bazaar, with food, crafts, children's games, plants, silent auction and white elephant sale, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Makiki Christian Church, 829 Pensacola St. 594-6446.
- Catholic Women's Guild General MemberShip Meeting, after the 9:30 a.m. Mass at Star of the Sea Church in Kahala. 734-5478.
- "Eye of the Land" video screening at Mahakala Puja with potluck, 5 p.m., Kagyu Thegchen Ling Tibetan Buddhist Dharma Center, 26 Gartley Place. 595-8989.
- Labyrinth Walk for meditation with a model similar to the Chartres Cathedral Labyrinth in France, 8 a.m., St. Andrew's Cathedral, Queen Emma Square. 524-2822, Ext. 250.
- "Beyond Veil and Holy War: Islamic Teachings and Muslim Practices with Biblical Comparisons," presentation by Saleem Ahmed, Ph.D., 2-4 p.m., Miyama Hall at Harris United Methodist Church, 20 S. Vineyard Blvd. 536-9602.
- "On Being and Becoming Small Christian Communities," Mackey Marianist lecture by guest speaker Margaret Cavanaugh, 4 p.m., Chaminade University/Saint Louis School campus, Mystical Rose Oratory.
- "The Healing Power of Prayer," a MindBody-Spirit forum by Castle Medical Center with Dr. Roy Gaton discussing research in prayer and medicine, 7 p.m., Castle Medical Center's Wellness & Lifestyle Medicine Center Auditorium. Registration: 263-5400 or www.castlemed.com.
- Meditation teaching, with the 25th Mahayana Dharma of the Tibetan Gelugpa Society Ga-Den Monastery in Tibet; 7:30-9:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, at 42 Kawananakoa Place. 732-2389, 228-3125.
- Third Annual "Cornyval" Harvest Celebration, with carnival games, contests and entertainment; 5-8 p.m., Island Family Christian Church, 3375 Salt Lake Blvd. 422-7811.
- FallFest, with live music, games, dunking booth, bounce houses, slide, rock wall climb and candy; 5:30-8:30 p.m., Kailua District Park. Costumes optional; sponsored by the Fellowship of Windward Churches.
- Keiki Carnival, with candy, games, prizes, jumpers; 5:30-8:30 p.m., Kailua Church of Christ, 400 Maluniu Ave. 262-5227, 235-4119.
- All Saints Eve Celebration, with children's games, food, costume contest, maze for all ages; 6-9 p.m., Honolulu Christian Church, 2207 O'ahu Ave. 973-4345.
- Hallelujah Night, with games, music, prizes, rides; 6 p.m., First Assembly of God Red Hill, 3400 Moanalua Road. 836-2300.
- Fall Festival, with fun house, games and costume contest; 6-8 p.m., Hope Chapel, Kane'ohe. Admission $5, discounts available. 235-5814.
- Children's Festival, sponsored by Calvary Chapel Central Oahu, with games, pony rides, candy, costume contest; 6-8:30 p.m., Mililani High School cafeteria. 625-0155.
- Halloween Carnival, with magic show, costume parade and games; 6-9 p.m., First Baptist Church Windward. 261-5635.
- All Hallow's Eve Fun Night, with magic show, games and balloon animals; 6:30-8 p.m., Kuhio Elementary School cafeteria; sponsored by Hope Chapel Honolulu. 955-0525.
- Holy-ween, with games, costume contest and chili cookoff, 6:30-8:30 p.m., The Gospel Lighthouse, 91-743 Pohakupuna Road, 'Ewa Beach. 689-8888.
- "The Spiritual Life of Tibet," talk by Keith Dowman, 7-9 p.m., Honpa Hongwanji Annex Temple, 1727 Pali Highway; email@example.com.
- "Being a Quaker in Difficult Times An Activist Explores the Mystical and the Mundane," three-day workshop led by Laura Magnani; 7-9 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m.-noon and 1:30-4 p.m. Nov. 2, 2-4:30 p.m. Nov. 3 at Honolulu Friends Meeting House, 2426 O'ahu Ave, Manoa. Registration: 988-2714.
- Shichigosan Children's Festival, traditional Japanese blessing for boys 3 and 5 and girls 3 and 7 includes kimono dressing, omamori and goodie bag; reservations required. Nov. 1-30, Hawaii Kotohira Jinsha/Hawaii Dazaifu Tenmangu, 1239 Olomea St., Kalihi. 841-4755.
- Yamantaka Fire Puja with the 25th Mahayana Dharma of the Tibetan Gelugpa Society Ga-Den Monastery in Tibet, 8 a.m.-noon, 42 Kawananakoa Place. Information: 732-2389 or 228-3125.
- Bazaar, with holiday crafts, white elephant sale, silent auction, plants, food; 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Honolulu, 1822 Ke'eaumoku St. 532-1111.
- "Pure Passion," meditation seminar, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Room PB5, Kuakini Medical Center, 347 Kuakini St. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- El Dia de los Muertos Fiesta, "Day of the Dead" party, 7-10 p.m., First Unitarian Church of Honolulu. Admission $10, discounts available. 590-2198.