- Monster Bash Keiki Storytime/craft, with free "Monsters, Inc." bookmarks and stickers while supplies last; children urged to wear Halloween costumes; 3:30 p.m. today, Borders, Ward Centre.
- Honolulu Sunrise Rotary Club "Visitor's Day" Meeting, with club authors Linda Andrade Wheeler, Doug Wilson and Doug Carlson speaking; author Kent Keith will moderate; 7:15 a.m. tomorrow, Pacific Club. Breakfast buffet $12. RSVP 832-0140.
- "Mystic Night at The Haunt," supernatural tales, psychic readings, food at cost; 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, The Haunt, 2634 S. King St. Recommended ages: young adults and adults. Free admission.
- "Meditation on Anna O Bertha Pappenheim," performance and discussion with Melinda Given Guttman, author of "The Enigma of Anna O: A Biography of Bertha Pappenheim," noon-1:15 p.m. Thursday, UH-Manoa Center for Korean Studies auditorium. Free. Information: 956-3774.
- "The Transformation and Globalization of Mulan," guest lecture by Diane Letoto focusing on the traditional Chinese myth, 4:30-5:45 p.m. Thursday, Maui Community College, Ka'a'ike Building, room 107. Free. Information: 944-7784 or email@example.com.
- "Halloween Ghosthunter's Bus Tour," trips to haunted sites in Honolulu and Morgan's Corner, with Lopaka Kapanui narrating tales from Glen Grant's "Obake Files," 6:30-11 p.m. Thursday. For those 13 years and older; reservations required. 943-0371.
- "Vampfest," with costume and vampire trivia contests, Vampire Olympics, poetry, food, prizes and more; open to those with the finest vampire, zombie and other night creatures costumes; 7-10 p.m. Thursday, The Haunt, 2634 S. King St. Recommended ages: young adults and adults. Free admission.
- The National Writers Association Honolulu Chapter meeting with manuscript critique, 7 p.m. Friday, Kupuna I, 1015 N. School St. Information: Robert Tanouye, 845-9585.
- Luk Chun Bond, author of "The First 16 Secrets of Chi, Feung Shui for the Human Body," with an exercise and chi demonstration, noon today, Borders, Ward Centre.
- Jean Watanabe Hee, author of "Hawaii's Best Local Dishes," 2 p.m. today, Borders, Waikele.
- Mary Olsen Kelly, author of "Path of the Pearl: Discover Your Treasures Within," 2 p.m. today, Borders, Ward Centre.
- Christopher Grandy, University of Hawai'i professor and author of "Hawai'i Becalmed, Economic Lessons of the 1990s," with a discussion, noon-1 p.m. Thursday, UH-Manoa Bookstore, 2465 Campus Rd., Campus Center basement. 956-4338.
- Jim Shon, author of "Inside Hawai'i's Capitol: Lessons in Legislative Democracy," noon-1 p.m. Friday, UH-Manoa Bookstore, 2465 Campus Rd., Campus Center basement. 956-4338.
- Gary Dias, author of "Honolulu Cop," 1-2 p.m. Saturday, Waldenbooks, Windward Mall.
- BradaJo Jozuf Hadley, author of "Avebade bade," 2-3 p.m. Saturday, Borders, Ward Centre.
- Coryn Tanaka and May Masaki, authors of "Making Ribbon Leis and Other Gifts of Aloha," 11 a.m.-noon Saturday, Waldenbooks, Ala Moana Center.
- Beginning Hawaiian Language classes 6:30 p.m. every Monday, Barnes & Noble, Kahala Mall; free.
- Barnes & Noble Story Time, 11 a.m. Tuesdays with craft time, and 11 a.m. Saturdays, Kahala Mall. 737-3323.
- Keiki Storytime, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and 11 a.m. Saturdays, Borders, Waikele.
- Children's Storytime, 10:30 to 11 a.m. Saturdays through Dec. 14, State Library's Edna Allyn Room for Children; no session Nov. 9. 586-3510.