ADVERTISER CHRISTMAS FUND
Child suffers from sleeping on the floor
By Rod Ohira
Advertiser Staff Writer
The child has developed rashes on parts of her legs and arms that won't go away, a condition S.J. believes is caused by sleeping on the floor.
"Having a bed would help my daughter," she said.
But S.J. cannot afford to buy a bed.
What she earns from a part-time job and baby-sitting is barely enough to pay for rent, utilities, food and her daughter's needs.
S.J., 21, also is pursuing her general equivalency diploma, which she hopes to earn in May.
A twin-size bed or folding mattress would be appreciated by the family. The child also could use size 3 toddler clothes.
Our anonymous Santa has generously offered once again this year to match the first $25 of each donation to the Christmas Fund.
Checks made payable to "The Advertiser Christmas Fund" should be mailed to Helping Hands Hawai'i, P.O. Box 17780, Honolulu, HI 96817.
Monetary donations may be dropped off at any First Hawaiian Bank branch. Anyone wishing to donate goods instead of money can do so at the Community Clearinghouse at 2100 N. Nimitz Highway, near Pu'uhale Road. For details, call 440-3804.
- Harry and Leatrice Shinno $20
- Jimmy and Nancy Brede $20
- In Memory of My Loving Husband Wendell Hopkins $25
- In Memory of Gareth Masa $25
- Norman and Kellese Cheung $25
- Darlene Weingand and Roger Couture $25
- Pedro and Jane Poentis $25
- In Memory of Ludie Franklin $25
- Robert and Marian Allard $25
- Moriah Eustice $25
- Terry Arakaki $25
- Karl and Elizabeth Scholl $40
- Ethel and Glenn Masui $50
- Juliana Lau $50
- Pauline Seto $50
- John and Rose Simonds $50
- Margaret and Albin Canute $50
- In Memory of Yoshio Fujio $100
- George Kagehiro $100
- Judith and Raymond Oda $100
- Celestia and Edward Bourke $100
- Benjamin and Florence Kodama $100
- Mick McDonald $100
- Blake Watanabe $100
- Flodell and Ira Bailey $100
- Greek Orthodox Ladies Philoptochos Society $100
- In Memory of Lawrence Newbold Brown $500
- Anonymous $50
- Anonymous $300
Total to date: $14,646