7 OR LESS TIRAMISU
Creamy favorite is a dreamy dessert
|Tiramisu is a cool, creamy favorite that could have a place on holiday menus as a change from all the pies, cookies and plum puddings.
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso or instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipped cream, or thawed frozen whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Eight 3/4-inch-thick slices angel food cake, cubed
In small bowl, make a coffee mixture by combining 1 tablespoon of the sugar, 3 tablespoons water, espresso powder and chocolate syrup; stir until coffee powder dissolves.
In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the whipped cream, 1 tablespoon of the coffee mixture and the remaining 4 tablespoons sugar in small bowl or electric mixer. Whip until light and fluffy.
Divide half the cubed cake slices among four foil cups, or other dessert dishes. Brush cake cubes with coffee mixture. Top with 2 or 3 tablespoons of cream mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining cake, coffee mixture and cream. With disposable bag and Number 18 tip, pipe a rosette on each serving using the remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to one day. Best when chilled several hours.
Makes 4 servings.