Three women and two organizations will be honored by the YWCA for their contributions to the personal and professional advancement of women in Hawai'i. Honorees for the YWCA 26th Annual Leader Luncheon May 9 at Hilton Hawaiian Village will include:
- DR. NALEEN NAUPAKA ANDRADE, chairwoman of the psychiatry department, John Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai'i, and director of the Pacific Peoples Research Support Program.
- CAROL H. McNAMEE, founder of Mothers Against Drunk Driving in Hawai'i.
- JEAN ROLLES, director of Outrigger Enterprises Inc.
- THE KAMEHAMEHA SCHOOLS.
- NA LOIO IMMIGRANT RIGHTS AND PUBLIC INTEREST LAW CENTER.
Ticket information: Judy Allen, 538-7061, #234.
Two local executives have been named to lead the advisory board of the American Diabetes Association Hawai'i, which works to raise awareness of the seriousness of the disease that afflicts approximately 96,000 people in the state: RUTH ONO, retired president of Queen's Health Systems, and JUDY GOO, president of D&J Specialties, whose key clients include Hawaiian Airlines, the University of Hawai'i and The Honolulu Advertiser.
SASHA MacNAUGHTON, general manager of the Jamba Juice location at Ward Village, has been named to the newly created position of Jamba Juice Co. Hawai'i LLC district manager. Replacing MacNaughton as general manager at the Ward Village location will be DMITRI SPADACCINI, previously general manager at the Kahala store. Taking Spadaccini's role as general manager at Kahala is DAYNA AJALA, a former general manager at the Jamba Juice location in Pi'ilani Village Shopping Center, Kihei, Maui. As district manager, MacNaughton will oversee operations of four of Jamba Juice's 12 stores in Hawai'i and be responsible for store openings.
Bank of Hawaii has announced three appointments to its senior management team: PETER HO, executive vice president, named to the bank's 12-member managing committee; SCOTT MILLER, executive vice president, to become chief lending officer; and WAYNE HAMANO, executive vice president, with responsibilities expanded to include Corporate Banking, in addition to managing Hawai'i Commercial Banking.
The limited liability law partnership of GOODSILL ANDERSON QUINN & STIFEL has named two new partners:
- DARCY L. ENDO-OMOTO, a former state deputy attorney general, concentrates on governmental relations and public utilities, and represents corporations before local state and city government bodies and regulatory agencies.
- CAROL E. LOCKWOOD concentrates on real estate and international trade law, and represents commercial and residential clients in leasing, purchase and sale transactions, development and financing. In her international trade practice, Lockwood represents private and environmental clients in matters involving U.S. import, export and customs laws, among other matters.
Three new management executives have been named at Hawaiiana Management Co. Ltd.: BEVERLY FEBENITO, formerly a property manager with Chaney Brooks & Co. Inc.; IRMA PANTE, formerly with retail brokerage firm Crossmark/Rainbow, and JODEE ACOBA-SUGANUMA, most recently with Hawai'i First Inc., where she was a condominium association manager and operations manager.
The Kohala Coast Resort Association has named Waikoloa Land Co.'s THOS ROHR as president for a 10th term and sixth consecutive year. The association represents Hualalai, Kona Village, Mauna Kea, Mauna Lani and Waikoloa Beach resorts, which include eight luxury hotels, more than 1,000 resort residences, eight championship golf courses and luxury shopping areas.
Announcements of promotions and job changes may be sent to: Trade Winds, Business Section, The Honolulu Advertiser, P.O. Box 3110, Honolulu, HI 96802; faxed to 525-6763, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos may be included, but must be identified on the back.
Correction: Na Loio Immigrant Rights and Public Interest Law Center is one of the organizations being honored by the YWCA for contributions to the personal and professional advancement of women. The organization's name was incorrect in a previous version of these Trade Winds.