The Park Shore Waikiki hotel has promoted ANDERSON ALMARIO from sales manager to senior salesperson. He is being recognized for attracting more clients from Asia with his marketing programs and incentives for travel agents. Almario has held sales and managerial positions with Korean Air, R & C Hawaii Tours Inc., Hotel Nikko Guam and R & C Guam Inc.
RICHARD FOO has been named catering sales manager of the Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio. His duties include increasing the hotel's appeal to the Chinese travel market as well as building strategic partnerships with wholesalers in Southeast Asia and China and with local agencies. Foo was most recently the managing director for Suukee Gourmet Catering Private Limited Resort and Country Club in Singapore, and general manager of Shanghai Grassland Golf Club & Resorts Ltd.
Marc Resorts Hawaii has promoted RANDOLPH B. AHLO to regional manager for O'ahu. In the newly created position, he will oversee the Diamond Head Beach Hotel, Island Colony, Waikiki Royal Suites, Marc Suites Waikiki, and Hawaii Polo Inn and Towers. Ahlo, who has more than 20 years of hotel experience, worked as an independent consultant for Golden Holiday Investment LLC. He was also once vice president and general manager for Nimitz Partners Inc. and was responsible for the airport Holiday Inn and Best Western-The Plaza Hotel.
Aston Hotels & Resorts Hawaii has appointed ROBIN FUJIMURA senior analyst of the information technology services department. Fujimura most recently served as infrastructure manager and system analyst for the state Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
R. SCOTT BELFORD, IT development director for Price Busters, has been named to the board of directors of Lavanet, the locally owned Internet service provider. He founded the Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation, a charity that provides schools with refurbished hardware running open-source software.
The Hawaii Association of Public Accountants has elected its 2003-04 state officers. They are: ISAAC W. CHOY, president; DENISE YOSHIDA, vice president for O'ahu; COLLEEN TAKAMURA, vice president for Maui; IRIS PARK, vice president for the Big Island; TIMOTHY ALBAO, vice president for Kaua'i; GREGG TAKETA, treasurer; and SHARON IBARA, secretary.
Milici Valenti Ng Pack has hired DY PHUNG as an account coordinator. A native of Florida, Phung most recently worked at Oerther Foods Inc. as a marketing coordinator for McDonald's restaurants.
PricewaterhouseCoopers recently named WENDELL KALEI-ANUENUE LEE as its newest partner. Lee will help lead the company's 30 staff members, oversee daily operations and develop strategies to help meet client needs. Lee was most recently a senior tax manager at the company.
Central Pacific Bank has announced hirings and promotions at its financial services, treasury, and investment management divisions:
- JAMY HAGEN has been promoted to senior vice president and manager of the private banking unit in the financial services division. Hagen joined the bank in 2001 as vice president and manager of private banking.
- CURTIS CHINN has been appointed senior vice president and commercial banking division manager for the bank's financial services group. Chinn, who will oversee sales teams, previously worked at Silicon Valley Bank as senior vice president in the specialty finance division, and at Bank of Hawaii as senior vice president and division manager of the insurance services, leasing and corporate banking divisions.
- DAVID MORIMOTO has been promoted to senior vice president and treasurer. Morimoto oversees the asset liability management department, investments and securities portfolio and investor relations program. He has worked at the bank for more than 10 years and served as vice president and manager of the treasury division.
- OREST SAIKEVYCH was hired as vice president and investment officer of the asset management division. Saikevych, who has more than 20 years of experience in investment management, provides personalized portfolio management solutions for institutional investors and select clients. He was previously with Denis Wong & Associates as vice president and portfolio manager, and at First Hawaiian Bank as assistant vice president and portfolio manager.
- NADINE WONG was recently hired as coordinator of the financial network investment program. She is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the retail brokerage program. Wong previously worked as a registered sales associate and financial consultant for Salomon Smith Barney.
Hawaii Modular Space Inc. has hired CAROLINE MATSUMOTO KAUHANE as an account executive. She will lead the company's storage container sales and rental division. Kauhane has worked for the state Department of Transportation in public affairs as well as Stryker Weiner & Yokota Public Relations Inc.
The Honolulu office of American Express has announced that WARREN MITSUDA has been appointed field vice president. Mitsuda, whose primary mission is to ensure quality service to customers, previously worked for ING as a managing director of financial planning and is a member of the Financial Planning Association.