Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

Log in | Become a member
The Honolulu Advertiser

Posted at 1:21 p.m., Thursday, March 13, 2003

Police Beat

Advertiser Staff

Home-invasion suspect sought

Police are seeking information on the whereabouts of Rory Cabrera, who was indicted last week in connection with a home-invasion robbery in 'Ewa earlier this year. The 23-year-old fugitive is considered by police to be armed and dangerous.

Cabrera also is wanted for questioning by police in connection with several outstanding armed robbery and auto theft cases, police said.

Last week's indictment is in connection with a robbery on Jan. 13 in which two men forced their way into a Puamaeole Street residence. Police identified the suspects from the license plate of the getaway car. The second indicted suspect in the case has surrendered to police.

Cabrera is known to frequent the 'Ewa Beach area. He is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 130 pounds.

Anyone with information can call CrimeStoppers at 955-8300 or *CRIME on a cellular phone.

Gun discovered after 911 call

Police responding to a dropped 911 call today arrested a 28-year-old Kalihi man, who had been arguing with his wife, after they found in his possession what they said was a stolen .45-caliber semiautomatic pistol.

The arrest occurred at 12:16 a.m., two minutes after police were sent to the man's residence between Makalapua Place and Halona Place. The man was outside the home when police arrived. Officers noticed an object under the man's shirt and ordered him to raise his hands, police said. When he did so, the gun fell to the ground, police said.

Police arrested the man, who is a felon, on suspicion of detention of stolen property and two drug-related offenses.

Marine released in club incident

A 23-year-old Marine arrested Monday on suspicion of punching a woman outside of a Waikiki nightclub was released yesterday pending further investigation for possible future indictment.

The woman's jaw was broken. Police officers who were near the Red Lion nightclub at 240 Lewers St. at 3:30 a.m. reportedly witnessed the incident.