Arts fete at Restaurant Row
Hawai'i's arts community will join forces in celebrating Arts With Aloha Week tomorrow through Friday with a mixed plate of performances and visual art activities at Restaurant Row.
Events are free, with activities from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and evening events from 6 to 8 p.m. only on Tuesday.
- Tomorrow Kalae Loa, performing contemporary Hawaiian music.
- Tuesday Excerpts from Diamond Head Theatre's production of "Ragtime," (noon only) previewing the Tony-Award-winning musical, plus evening performances by Peter Rockford Espiritu and Tau Dance Theatre, Makana, DHT's Shooting Stars, dancers from Ballet Hawaii and Shari Lynn from Army Community Theatre's musical, "Gypsy."
- Wednesday The Honolulu Brass ensemble, performing classical music.
- Thursday Ola No Mo'olelo, dramatic Hawaiian storytelling.
- Friday Pua Melia Trio, Hawaiian music.
Participating organizations are the Army Community Theatre, The ARTS at Marks Garage, Ballet Hawaii, Bishop Museum, the Contemporary Museum, Diamond Head Theatre, the Hawai'i Maritime Center, Hawaii Opera Theatre, Hawai'i State Art Museum, Hawai'i Theatre, Honolulu Academy of Arts, Honolulu Symphony, Honolulu Theatre for Youth, 'Iolani Palace, Manoa Valley Theatre, Mission Houses Museum, Queen Emma Summer Palace and the University of Hawai'i Art Gallery.
For the Friday finale, Restaurant Row tenants such as Sunset Grill, Meritage, AIG Hawai'i, INETS, Rendezvous Tours and Kama'aina Metals will have booths in the center court, along with participating arts organizations.
Other activities include watercolor painting demonstrations by Patrice Federspiel from The ARTS at Marks Garage.
Prize drawings will be held for tickets to a number of community events.
Information: Arts With Aloha at 532-8713 or Restaurant Row at 532-4750.