Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

Log in | Become a member
The Honolulu Advertiser

Posted at 10:39 a.m., Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Girl says man forced her into prostitution

Advertiser staff

Police arrested a Mainland man late Monday night at a Waikiki hotel after a 15-year-old girl told police he held her against her will and forced her to work as a prostitute for about five days.

The girl told police the man, 22, befriended her Thursday night and took her to his hotel room where he sexually assaulted her. She said the man then let his friend, 24, sexually assault her.

The girl told police she tried to leave, but the man who took her to the hotel room threatened her with an electric stun gun and forced her to work as a prostitute in the downtown Honolulu area.

The girl escaped from the hotel room Monday night while one of the men was out of the room and the other was in the bathroom.

The man accused of abducting the girl was arrested for on suspicion of first-degree sexual assault, kidnapping, first-degree promotion of prostitution and wrongful use of an electric gun.

Police were still looking for the second man.

Speed stop leads to car theft arrest

Police arrested 24-year-old Makaha man early this morning for suspicion of car theft after he was stopped for speeding.

Officers conducting a speed enforcement program in Kailua reported clocking the man driving 56 mph in a 35 mph zone and pulled him over.

Police said the driver couldn't produce a driver's license or documentation for the car. A mobile crime data computer reported the car had been stolen 19 minutes earlier in the McCully area.

The driver was arrested at 12:45 a.m. at Kailua Road and Ulumanu Drive.

Man arrested after phony-money exchange at Kalihi nightclub

A 23-year-old man was arrested this morning after he allegedly tried to pass a counterfeit bill at a Pohukaina Street nightclub in Kalihi.

Police said the man asked a waiter to change two $100 bills for him. The waiter took the two bills to the club manager, who noticed one of them was not the right color, police said. The manager conducted further checks on the bill, determined it was fake and called police.

Officers arrested the man about 1:45 a.m. on suspicion of first-degree forgery.