honoluluadvertiser.com

Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

The Honolulu Advertiser

A tribute to Schofield soldiers

Five Task Force Lightning Soldiers assigned to 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, were killed yesterday as a result of an explosion near their vehicle while conducting combat operations in Kirkuk Province.

Read condolences posted by readers below.

Salute to the Fallen
A tribute to the servicemen and women with Hawai'i ties killed in Iraq and Afghanistan
since the spring of 2003

spacer spacer

[Posted on December 8, 2006 at 1:09 pm HST]
My deepest and heartfelt condolences goes out to all the families that have lost their loved ones in the war at Iraq. I am sadden and brought to tears to hear if this tragic news. My fiance is also in the army deployed in Iraq. My thoughts and prayers are always with all the soldiers and families affected by this war. May God Bless and be with all the families throughout this difficult times in their lives.
Audrey Domingo
Aiea

[Posted on December 8, 2006 at 10:19 am HST]
My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the families of the fallen heroes. May God bless you each and everyday.
A Wolfhound Spouse
Schofield Barracks

[Posted on December 8, 2006 at 6:58 am HST]
The thoughts and prayers of the "extended" Wolfhound family goes out to the families of these fallen soldiers. May God bless you and keep you in his care.
Cheryl Wright
San Antonio, TX

[Posted on December 8, 2006 at 6:29 am HST]
Josh Madden is my cousin. Mahalo nui loa for all of you who share my family's loss and have taken the time to post your condolences. I will be sending the Hawaii news to Louisiana; I know they will be touched by your sentiments. Josh was a fine young man, new husband and father and someone who put family and friends first. Ultimately, he made the greatest sacrifice of all...he died for America. Despite my opposition to this war from the beginning, as an Air Force brat, I have ALWAYS beileved in and supported all men and women who put on a uniform and put themselves in harms way for us. May God bless them all. They are forever safe in His care. Aloha nui loa, Josh and all my family in Louisiana.
Pam Alexander
Wailuku Maui

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 9:25 pm HST]
My heart goes out to the families of the fallen soldiers. It is tragic and I know how painful it is. I lost my husband in April and I feel for those who have lost their loved ones. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Stay strong and remember that our fallen soldiers have risen to be American Heroes. Aloha...
Michelle
Hilo

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 9:23 pm HST]
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of these fallen heros. And to all military personnel, your courage and sacrifice to keep freedom alive is greatly appreciated....
Sheila
Mililani

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 9:10 pm HST]
I cannot express how much gratitude and appreciation I have for our courageous men and women fighting in Iraq, and it saddens me to learn of another soldier losing his or her life. God has taken them to a place where there is no more war; but what they sacrificed here will only make this a better world. My condolences to all the families.
L.W.
Mililani

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 9:07 pm HST]
My prayers and sympathies go out to each of the families at this time, may God keep you in his loving care. As a fellow military member who is getting ready to go back to that "giant sandbox", I ask all of you to keep us in your prayers as well!
Fellow Soldier
Mililani

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 9:01 pm HST]
My condolences to the families that have lost loved ones in this war. I have supported this war in the beginning, however I totally disagree with how this war is being waged. We are the superpower of this globe, what the heck are we doing sitting around over there like lame ducks headed to the slaughter. I hope this new secretary of defense has enough kahone's to kick some u know what and hurry up and get the heck outta there already.
Klavin
Honolulu

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 8:43 pm HST]
WAR, such a sad subject. Young men and women giving their lives for our freedom. You all are true hero's in everyone eyes. God bless you all. My condolences to the families who may have lost a loved one. May you be proud of your sons or daughters. Much love and aloha. Colin
Colin
Honolulu

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 8:16 pm HST]
You are men of valor. If I could be there by your side I would, believe me. I shed tears everytime I hear of an American going down, but, that's what war is all about. My condolences to all the families... There is never a greater sacrifice than giving one's life for his family and freedom. I love each and everyone of you.. Aloha...
WAYNE
HONOLULU

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 7:17 pm HST]
I feel such a sadness everytime I read about another military person losing they're lives..and the sadness their families must be feeling..god bless them and help them deal with their loss...and may they're loved ones rest in peace...
Alberta
Honolulu, Hawaii

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 6:44 pm HST]
Jesse was one of my best students, I watched him grow into a fine young man; I was devasted to hear our loss of one of our Guam Sons. Condolences from the Flores Family and all his fellow martial artist from Hapkido Kuk Sul Kwan Academy in Guam. We love you Jes
Dee Flores
Guam

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 6:19 pm HST]
We feel the loss -- one of the soldiers was a son of Guam. Prayers and condolences at this time from GUAM!
Love from Guam
Guam

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 5:57 pm HST]
aloha from hawaii,, be safe and thanks
george mederiso
honolulu

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 5:29 pm HST]
We are so sorry for you loss...we thank for for your sacrifice because if not for the bravery of your loved one, this country would be in dire jeopardy...we love our military we honor them and love them...may god have a special place in heaven for them.
connie mc hugh
hewitt Nj

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 5:20 pm HST]
The brave men and women in our military are TRUE heroes !!!! God bless them all: living and dead. They have displayed great fortitude in this terrible conflict. Our deepest sympathies.
Ellen Huntley
Kailua

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 4:58 pm HST]
Our deepest condolenses and prayers to the families of the brave men and women who have given their lives in battle.
Harold & Shirley Hayashi
Wahiawa, Hawaii

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 4:52 pm HST]
Any man who may be asked... What he did to make his life worthwhile... can respond with a good deal of pride and satifaction I served in the US Military. So pass the word on for your lost Sons. GOD BLESS
MULROY'S RET USN
Philippines

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 4:42 pm HST]
I pray that God will grant peace to the families of these brave soldiers. Me Kealoha Pumehana
Kaniho Family
Honolulu

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 4:27 pm HST]
My condolences to the family members of the fallen soldiers. May they all rest in peace...They will never be forgotten, brothers and sisters in arms.
Returned from Iraq
Hilo, Hawaii

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 3:47 pm HST]
I would like to offer my condolences to the families of these fallen heroes. May their souls be blessed and welcomed into God's loving arms. My husband, who is part of the same brigade, would also like me to send a message of sympathy on his behalf. I cannot put my sadness into words for your sons; but please know that you will all be in our prayers. God bless.
Stephanie Harding
Schofield Barracks

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 3:43 pm HST]
We would like to wish the families of our fallen soldiers our deepest condolences and prayers. May lord take them into his arms with love. They will never be forgotten, and will always be heros to us all.
Ryan & Erika
Mililani, Hawaii

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 3:29 pm HST]
My Husband and I give our deepest condolencs and want to let you and your family know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
John and Lou Ann Roquemore
Honolulu, Hawaii

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 1:52 pm HST]
My deepest condolences.
Alfonso Sanchez
Los Angeles

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 1:42 pm HST]
You and your sons are in my heart and prayers....Love and Peace....
Martha Meadows
North Carolina

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 1:18 pm HST]
Our deepest condolences and appreciation goes out from our broken hearts to the families of these volunteer warriors. We thank and pray for them daily and are comforted by the knowledge that they were doing what they felt was their contribution in this war to protect their country and countrmen. God Bless all of them and God bless America & Hawaii
Bob & Judy Messer
San Jose California

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 1:13 pm HST]
I can't begin to imagine the sadness being experienced by the families and friends of these American soldiers. There are no words, I'm sure, to convey their greif. Be it known, however small it may seem, that the sacrifice of these soldiers will not go unnoticed. Thank you!
Samantha
Mililani

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 1:00 pm HST]
Words can't express my sadness for all those awesome men and women who unselfishly gave their lives for our freedom. We may not be able to fill that empty chair at their families dinner table, but we can offer prayers continuously for them, especially at this time of the year. Don't forget to thank each one you see for standing in the gap for America. It is because of these brave men and women that we have our freedom, the greatest gift of all. May God deliver the enemy into our hands and get this war over with soon. To all of our troops - I salute you, everyone of you are greatly APPRECIATED!!!
Valle
Waimanalo

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 12:55 pm HST]
THANK YOU TO THE FALLEN MEN AND GOD BLESS THEIR FAMILIES, FOR THEIR UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND HONOR,AND VALOR FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY.
JOHN HINO
HONOLULU

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 12:12 pm HST]
My heart goes out to the family of our fallen soldiers, not just here in hawaii but nation-wide. Since, this is the holiday season I pray that you fing peace and comfort through these hard times. For you troops out there and families that are waiting...hang in there! Have a great Christmas! Peace and happiness to ALL!
A Supporter as well!
Ewa Beach

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 12:05 pm HST]
My thoughts and prayers go to the families of these brave men & women. Thank you for fighting for our freedom. Whether this war is justified or not, you have given your life for all of US unselfishly. Thank you...
Hinano
Honolulu

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 12:02 pm HST]
Honor the Warrior; our Military has performed with honor and sacrifice and has done all it can do and it saddens me that we have lost some more brave Troops; I just pray for the families and loved ones of the fallen. I know all too well the pain and loss and the dreaded wait for the doorbell to ring.It is time to bring our Troops home;but Sadaam"s sentence needs to be executed. We just need to pray the Lord brings comfort to the families and friends of the Fallen.
Andrew J Aguirre
NC

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 11:55 am HST]
These are America's finest; Soldiers who answered the call... They will surely be remembered... Our deepest condolence to the families and friends of our brave "Warriors". We at the "TMP" work the logistics on Schofield and surrounding bases...It hits hard when it's so close to home... May the Good Lord bring Peace and Love into the Hearts of those left behind; especially during these holiday seasons... Next time you see a "Warrior Soldier" let them know how much you respect there sacrifice......
SSG. Garcia
Nanakuli

[Posted on December 7, 2006 at 11:37 am HST]
It hurts so bad when you see anything like this happen especially when it hits us at home. I'll say it one more time, do whatever it takes to show the neccessary appreciation to each and every single one of these brave military men and women especially here in our great state. My sincerest condolences go out to the soldiers families and I am eternally greatful for their sacrifice. To all those servicemen and women that read this, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for fighting for my freedom! Show your support Hawaii! This is for real! This is more important than the Warriors right now and always! Mahalo.
A. Supporter