honoluluadvertiser.com

Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

The Honolulu Advertiser

Find and connect with Kaua'i relatives and friends

Advertiser Staff

After the Kaloko Reservoir break, we encouraged people to post messages here if they weren't able to locate someone who might have been in the area or if they wanted to reassure family and friends that they were alright.

Read the postings below.

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 9:23 am HST]
To all of our friends plus the other wonderful people on Kauai, our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
Barry Clemmons
Birmingham, Alabama

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 8:36 am HST]
Keith Bierlich, please call us, we need to know you are O.K.
Jenny
California

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 8:28 am HST]
Attn: [Posted on March 15, 2006 at 4:26 am HST] Looking for Janice and Roy Smolenski... They live on Waiakalua St. I think in Kiluea Farms. .. Laura & Jim Backus Arizona ---- Aloha: Waiakalua Road just missed. Your friends should be fine. They probably woke to a snap, crackle and bright flash of light when the power went, and then the deluge, but they live just to the South of the disaster, so are now thanking their lucky hoku. Phones work.
Marilyn
Palo Alto CA

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 8:28 am HST]
aloha ohana, i'm looking to find out about 'preacher mark' his mother here in vegas has been worried about him for some time. i will pass any info to her. hanalei dave or bo-bo at the surf shop might know. pls remember ohana that you can jump into the ocean day or night to avoid hypothermia. hanalei church and town will always be close to my heart...take care of each other my loves... yours always haena frank
haena harelip frank
haena

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 8:20 am HST]
Aloha Dear Ones: Gae, Jud, Jamesy, Lena, all pets, and heavenly orchard residing up there between Miles 21 & 22. We celebrate your survival, your hale intact, your rough drafts dry, freshly infused with good spirit; close call, eh? A bright flash of light for your wake-up call. Take notes. And we are thankful especially for your two beautiful teenage girls who did well, held tight to their cellphones, and gave quick, accurate reports of the, like, gnarliness. We mourn for your neighbors and the loss around you. Krishna! Shiva! Jesus! Jupiter! Buddah! Pele! Laka! the One! the Many! the King! the Queen! the Chickens! all smile sunshine and manna upon you. Aloha No Sista, Melelina & Jason & Ohana Hawaiian at Heart
Marilyn
Palo Alto CA

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 8:10 am HST]
If anyone has heard or seen Grant Breuer, please ask him to contact his mother or sis in California to let us know he's okay....
Mari-Margret McDermott
San Francisco, CA

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 8:07 am HST]
Laura and Ralph, Anne and Scott, We love you, and hope and pray you are safe. Are you very near the dam???
Aunt Laura
Olean, NY

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 7:51 am HST]
Sandra Sue Phillips...if you see this message, call us to let us know that you're ok! If you need help, please call me!
Lori
Honolulu, HI

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 7:41 am HST]
Robin Brauner, Please contact your parents and let us know if you are okay. We're worried.
Carolyn Brauner
Jamestown, ND

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 7:20 am HST]
Mary Lou and Dick Mull: are you safe? Please let us know, if you see this.
Marian Drabkin
Berkeley, CA

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 7:18 am HST]
We all pray that everyone will make it through this. Some how, some way we find a way to alway work together as one and hold strong as we should as a BIG Ohana. We will be praying for you all. God Bless & Be Safe. Kauai Girl in Washington.
Thia Maghanoy
Auburn, WA

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 6:38 am HST]
Aloha to you all on Wailapa Road - Our thoughts and prayers are with you to help you all survive through this horrendous ordeal with condolences to comfort Bruce and Cindy Fehrig. Thankfulness prayers for Ed,Joyce Doty, Gordon, Olivia and Cliff Coffyn that you all are safe. Mahala
marijane coffyn
palm beach county, florida

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 6:20 am HST]
I pray & hope you're ok Jasmine Texeira!
Angela
Long Beach, CA

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 5:52 am HST]
If anyone one knows about Dorthy or Dennis Andrade Please Post.
Michele
Maryland

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 5:10 am HST]
To Bruce and Cyndee... we stayed on your beautiful property two winters ago and your hospitality was incredible. Our stay at your place touched our lives, and we are horrified and saddened to learn that such tragedy has happened to you. You and your family are in our thoughts.
Sarah Loy
Worcester, MA

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 4:56 am HST]
To Mike Perius & family, we hope you are safe and your home was spared. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. To our friends at Goldsmith's Kauai, Dana, Mark & all, you are also in our thoughts & prayers.
L. Deutsch
Toledo, OH

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 4:55 am HST]
If anyone knows about Edward Strauss. He was camping on the island. Please post. Ed call home or my cell. Thank You
Lorraine
Ohio

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 4:30 am HST]
Dear Dave and Doris, We were shocked by the news, hope your loved ones are safe. Know we care for you. Love, Jim and Doris Onorato
Jim and Doris Onorato
Iowa

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 4:26 am HST]
Looking for Janice and Roy Smolenski. I hope you guys are OK. They live on Waiakalua St. I think in Kiluea Farms. Please let me know if this is the area of the flood or not.
Laura & Jim Backus
Arizona

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 4:22 am HST]
Prayers to families and friends in Kauai. May God Bless you all. Aloha Lani
Lani
Surf City,NC

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 4:03 am HST]
Bruce and Cindy know that we hold you deeply in our prayers that your family is ok. Words cannot express what we feel. Know we love you very much Ursula and Misha
ursula and misha lamberson
currently in Switzerland

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 3:55 am HST]
Batchelor Family, I hope y'all are okay... We've got you on the prayer lists already!
Melissa Perez
Texas

[Posted on March 15, 2006 at 3:40 am HST]
Gae Rusk and family...we are hoping you are OK and able to handle. Marilyn has gotten in touch with your daughter, maybe by now, you too. Hang in there girl! Much love from Tess and Bob
Tess Black
Loma Mar, California

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 7:47 pm HST]
In reply to Susan Heathers, John and JoAnn are okay. John is off island and JoAnn is safe in Lihue.
David
Lihue

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 7:39 pm HST]
I told a few people at work and home that I had a dream a dam was going to break. I feel for the people missing and hope they will be found okay.
RayD
Waianae, Oahu

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 7:19 pm HST]
I would like to connect with John Wehrheim and his wife Joanna to know that they are okay. Please write back if you know.
Susan Heathers
Newark, Delaware

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 7:00 pm HST]
Visormom.......K9s lookin to know you ok.
gyqqielou
MA

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 6:31 pm HST]
You are all in our thoughts and prayers. The people of Kauai are strong and resilient. Stay safe and God bless.
Dori
HomegrownHawaii.com

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 6:21 pm HST]
Anyone knowing of Wayne Rotstein, my son, who was in the path of the dam break and is missing, please contact me. He also is known by the nickname Banyan.
Marguerite Rotstein
Pittsburgh, PA

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 5:37 pm HST]
Looking for our Uncle Richard "Dickie" Lovell.. His nieces and nephew would like to know if he's okay, and if he's anywhere near this area. We love you Uncle-- and miss you lots! Keeping you strongly in our thoughts and prayers. God bless. xoxo, The Lovell's
The Lovell Ohana
Wahiawa Hawaii

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 4:37 pm HST]
To Leah Tanigawa, My prayers are with all of you in Kaua'i. I'm thinking of you my friend and hope you and your family is safe from harm. Please take care and email me if you need anything. God Bless.
Carrie Mahaulu & Family
Kailua,HI

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 4:32 pm HST]
HOME and ITS PEOPLES is SPECIALLY in my thoughts at THIS time !!!!!!may the GODS remain your SHIELD and PROTECTOR ALWAYS !!!!!!TAKE CARE ALL......ALOHA NUI LOA and MABUHAY !!!!!!
pj ballesteros tumbaga
seattle

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 4:26 pm HST]
My prayers are with all of you on Kauai. Paul and Vanessa please let us know if you're ok and if you need anything.
Fujiyama's
Honolulu

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 3:48 pm HST]
To all my Kauai families and friends: I want you to know that I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and dry. My thoughts are with you and all of the residents of Kauai. I want you to know that I'm here to help if I can. Please give me a call or an email to let me know that you are ok or if you need anything. Aloha from Lehua and everyone at the Hawaii HomeOwnership Center.
Lehua Rosa Malott
Hawaii HomeOwnership Center

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 2:24 pm HST]
Jane Housman (Packer), Hope you are still south of the break. My prayers to everyone.
Dan Fowks
Northridge, California

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 2:14 pm HST]
Amanda, Bobby, Collette....are you ok????? Please let me know.
Amanda's Friend....
Seattle

[Posted on March 14, 2006 at 2:07 pm HST]
For all our family on Mainland US. All are fine. We are north of this location, by around 2 miles. Prayers are asked for Bruce's faimly and friends
Patrick D'Acre