Updated at 11:17 a.m., Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Muggy weather sticking around
Advertiser StaffFirst, the good news: A cold front is moving slowly toward the Islands from the northeast.
Then the bad news: The front will probably stall northwest of Kaua'i sometime later this morning.
Now, the other bad news: The winds will remain weak across the state over the next several days, according to the National Weather Service, so the muggy, hazy weather will continue for the next several days.
Rain showers, some of them potentially heavy, will favor the interior sections of most islands each afternoon, forecasters said.
Here's a closer look at how the middle of the week is shaping up:
Today, mostly cloudy with showers likely in the morning, then partly cloudy with scattered showers in the afternoon. Patchy fog in the morning. Haze through the day. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the morning. Highs 78 to 85. Light winds. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tonight, partly cloudy. Scattered showers in the evening, then isolated showers after midnight. Lows around 71. Light winds. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Wednesday, partly cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning, then scattered showers in the afternoon. Highs 80 to 86. South winds up to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.
Wednesday night, mostly clear. Lows around 70. North winds around 10 mph. Thursday, mostly sunny in the morning, then partly cloudy with isolated showers in the afternoon. Highs 80 to 87. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent. Thursday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 69. Light winds.