Updated at 10:23 p.m., Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Man dies in possible copper theft
Advertiser StaffA man died tonight after being critically injured by an electrical shock in a Navy housing area near Honolulu International Airport.
Police found a small amount of copper wiring nearby and are investigating it as a possible theft of copper wiring.
The incident was reported shortly before 9 p.m. Police found the man in a Navy housing area, just mauka of Nimitz Highway between Catlin Drive and Rodgers Boulevard.
The man, believed to be in his 50s, was taken to The Queen's Medical Center in critical condition, said city Emergency Services spokesman Bryan Cheplic. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.