honoluluadvertiser.com

Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

The Honolulu Advertiser

Share your condolences

Honolulu resident Barbara Cox Anthony died today at age 83. Share your condolences.

[Posted on August 27, 2007 at 10:41 pm HST]
MEMORIESOn August 25th,2007 on a Saturday evening while watching the second Harry Potter movie released several years ago,something in his school reminded me of my time at La Pietre in 1969.It's first year at the old Dillingham Estate.I remember admiring the library after it's fresh coat of paint and I was in awe over how much work had gone into the place in order to open on time,it's first year in the old estate.I spent my eighth grade there because this wonderful and original school could offer me Russian. Which for some unusual reason I seemed to absorb like a sponge. The credit goes to wonderful Mrs. Winternez. When all but two of the girls quit the class,the school decided that our teacher could tutor the two of us during the school year and summerschool.Thanks to Barbara Cox Anthony
Michele Moore [Lyn]
Calgary,Alberta,Canada

[Posted on May 29, 2007 at 5:14 pm HST]
Jimmy, Blair, and Grandchildren, we send our deepest condolences on the loss of your dear mother. We too loved her and will miss her greatly. Barbara did so much for so many. She touched the lives of people around the globe. What an inspiration to us all! When we ski Whispering Jessie, her favorite trail, on a great powder day, we will always think of your mother, her love of skiing, and her irrespressible spirit!
The Zedlacher Family
Snowmass Village, CO

[Posted on May 29, 2007 at 3:28 pm HST]
Mrs. "A" was generous with more than her money. Her spirit will live on in the many acts of charity and kindness she performed... most done anonymously. She helped make Hawaii and the world a better place to live. God bless.
A benefactor
Honolulu

[Posted on May 29, 2007 at 11:41 am HST]
Barbie Anthony was a gracious and wonderfully kind woman - my husband knew her son quite well when they were at HPA - my memories were of lovely lunches at the Outrigger with great friends - and of course much laughter - she will be missed. Our condolences to the family - Diane and Tony Rutgers and in-laws Nancy and Nick Rutgers
Diane and Tony Rutgers
Aspen/Tahiti

[Posted on May 29, 2007 at 10:22 am HST]
Empathy in Our Shared Loss! How timely Barbara's passing on this Holiday of Memories.
Interagency COORDINATION Councils
Honolulu HI

[Posted on May 29, 2007 at 9:33 am HST]
To Blair and the Family of Barbara Cox Anthony, Your mother was instrumental in making La Pietra -Hawaii School for Girls a successful school. As one of the girls graduating from the first class to go all the way through La Pietra, I saw first hand how she supported the school. Because La Pietra is a girls school, it gives the students an opportunity for personal growth and leadership not found in co-ed schools. This was true for me. I received an education there that has been a wonderful foundation for my whole life. It was a priviledge and honor to be able to attend La Pietra. Thank you Mrs. Barbara Cox Anthony for giving me and many other girls this special opportunity. Aloha, Antya Miller, Haleiwa
Antya Miller
Haleiwa, Hawaii

[Posted on May 29, 2007 at 9:30 am HST]
Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother, wife and friend. I dont know what it was that made me look down at the morning paper but just reading about your mother inspired me to give more of myself! I feel the soul of your mother will live on and watch over your family and anyone she was connected to. mourning the death of such a great woman would would be an injustice but to celebrate her life would be the best gift of all. Peace and Happiness to your family Love, An inspired spirit
Tiaan Perkins
Kauai

[Posted on May 28, 2007 at 10:44 pm HST]
Garner, James, and Family: From our family to yours, our deepest condolences to you all in Barbara's passing. Hawaii has lost a kind and gentle friend whose love of the Aina and the people will long be remembered. We only wish we could have fulfilled your wish for a final resting place for Barbara on the Big Island. Her aloha will always be there. We wish your family strength and wellbeing during these difficult times. But know that her legacy of good deeds and caring for the wellbeing of others will always be part of our memories. With Love and Aloha Hamilton and Marilyn McCubbin
Hamilton and Marilyn McCubbin
Honolulu

[Posted on May 28, 2007 at 8:36 pm HST]
I wish to offer my condolences to the family of Ms. Cox, it has been a pleasure working for COX the last 4 years.
etc..
honolulu

[Posted on May 28, 2007 at 5:46 pm HST]
To the family of Barbara Anthony: Our deepest love and condolences for the great loss of your beloved. Your mom was a warm and wonderful woman with a big heart, a woman we looked up to and respected. May the Lord bless and comfort you, especially at this time.
Paula Caracol
Honolulu

[Posted on May 28, 2007 at 3:14 pm HST]
My deepest sympathies to the family on the passing of your dear beloved mother Mrs Barbara Anthony Cox.
HIM Yao Sui
Honolulu, HI

[Posted on May 28, 2007 at 3:05 pm HST]
To the family of Ms. Barbara Cox, We give our deepest love and condolences for your loss. Our prayers are with your family and may Jehovah God bless you. Sincerely, Jahdiel Soyangco and family
Jahdiel Soyangco