Let's go: Vegas
Lil Wayne performs 8 p.m., Pearl Concert Theater at Palms Casino & Resort. $129, $154, $204, ticket master.com.
Moody Blues: Band performs 8 p.m. at Buffalo Bill's Star of the Desert Arena. $50, $76. ticketmaster.com.
The Cure performs 8 p.m., Pearl Concert Theater at Palms Casino & Resort. $89, $129, $154. www.ticketmaster.com.
Pure Aloha Concert & Festival: Music, food and all things Hawaiian at the annual Hawai'i fest, with night entertainment at 8 p.m., the Cannery Casino & Resort, 2121 E. Craig Road. 702-507-5700, 866-999-4899.
Robin Thicke and Jennifer Hudson perform at 8 p.m., Pearl Concert Theater at Palms Casino & Resort. $55, $75, $85. www.ticketmaster.com.
Jason Mraz performs at 11:59 p.m., Pearl Concert Theater at Palms Casino & Resort. $45, $60, $90. www.palmspearl.com.
Smokey Robinson: R&B and urban soul master performs 8 p.m., Buffalo Bill's Star of the Desert Arena. $45, $65. www.ticketmaster.com.
Robin Williams is postponing the remainder of his one-man show, "Weapons of Self-Destruction" at MGM Grand Garden Arena. The tour is expected to resume sometime this fall. Previously purchased tickets will be honored once the new date has been confirmed or ticketholders can contact their place of purchase for refunds.
Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood both have long and prestigious musical careers. Their musical paths connected in 1969 with the formation of Blind Faith, a group that pioneered the fusion of rock and blues. Despite critical and popular acclaim, the band was short-lived with only one album and a brief 1969 tour. Since that final show, Clapton and Winwood have remained friends, but performed together only a few times. 8 p.m. MGM Grand Garden Arena. $55, $89.75, $175, www.ticketmaster.com.
More cheap things to do in Vegas from www.cheapovegas.com:
• Lotus of Siam 702-735-3033; www.saipinchutima.com, is in a rundown strip mall, but Gourmet named it one of the best Thai restaurants in America. For $8-$22, you can get such items as a fried mussel omelet or a whole barbecued chicken. Or try the duck curry with peppers, tomatoes, grapes and nuts.
• Insiders say the Redwood Bar and Grill 702-385-1222; www.thecal.com/dining/redwood-bar-and-grill in the California Casino is a great deal for a splurge, especially the unadvertised porterhouse for under $20. Ellis Island Casino and Brewery (702-733-8901; www.ellisislandcasino.com) has a $6.99 steak special, but you have to ask for it.
• Pools are free. Try Mandalay Bay, the Flamingo or Bellagio.
• Billboards advertise deals on shows everywhere, and hotels offer cut-rate prices to guests when not sold out. Or, you can go to www.tix4tonight.com for half-price deals. It has several locations on the Strip. "The Mac King Comedy Hour" at Harrah's is less than $20, and you can get into afternoon shows with a coupon if you buy a drink.
• Walk the Strip and you can also pick up coupon books, or go to www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas/pdf /shopping_passport.pdf and download money-saving options.