Faith calendar 'Guru of joy' to visit Isles
BUDDHA DAY SERVICE, Hanamatsuri ("flower festival") commemorating the birth of Shakyamuni Buddha, sponsored by Hawaii Buddhist Council, with service, entertainment, keiki activities, bon dance and refreshments, 9 a.m. April 4, Honpa Hongwanji Hawaii Betsuin; information, 522-9200.
ST. NICHOLAS EPISCOPAL CHURCH, Easter services welcoming new priest, the Rev. Paul Klitzke, 8:30 and 10 a.m. April 4, 909 Haumea St., Kapolei; Easter egg hunt for kids follows 10 a.m. service; information, 674-0766.
POSSIBILITIES OF PRAYER, Elise Moore will discuss the "Possibilities of Prayer" at the First Church of Christ, Scientist, Honolulu, 4 p.m., April 10, 1508 Punahou St. Also, an anthology of healings that the church maintains were accomplished by Mary Baker Eddy will be available, along with her book "Science and Health." Light refreshments will be served at the free talk.
"EREV YOM HASHOAH (A Time to Remember)," service and film commemorating the Holocaust, 6:30-10 p.m. April 10, Temple Emanu-El; information, 595-7521.
REACQUAINTANCE GATHERINGS for inactive Catholics seeking answers about returning to the church; 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, through March 31, St. Anthony of Padua Church, Kailua, Makai Room; information, 266-2222.
HAITI EARTHQUAKE RELIEF, Episcopal Relief and Development, Haiti Fund: donate at www.er-d.org.
GUIDED, SILENT AND WALKING MEDITATION, based on the Thich Nhat Hanh tradition, 7:30-9 p.m., second Fridays monthly, Mililani Hongwanji Mission; 625-1022.
UPDATE: WEEKLY MIDEAST BIBLE PROPHECY UPDATE, by the Rev. J.D. Farag of Calvary Chapel Kāne'ohe; 8:30 and 10:45 a.m. Sundays, at the church; followed by a verse-by-verse teaching from the Bible; information, 262-8800.
WEDNESDAYS AT ST. ANDREW'S, Episcopal Cathedral of St. Andrew; information, 524-2822:
• Holy Eucharist (communion) and short sermon; 11:45 a.m., Parke Chapel.
• Brown-bag concerts of chamber and choral music and recitals on the cathedral's Aeolian Skinner pipe organ; 12:15 p.m.; brown-bag lunches in the cathedral encouraged; free.
• Taize Evensong, contemplative half-hour service; 5:30 p.m., in the cathedral.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF HONOLULU, national grief and divorce support groups/programs, at the church, 45-550 Ki'ona'ole Road, Kāne'ohe; free ($10 registration/workbook fee); free child care with notice; information, 226-7511:
• GriefShare, for those who have lost someone through death; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays; specific information, 532-1111.
• DivorceCare, an after-divorce series; 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays; specific information, 254-3136.