More best bets when in mood for fast food
More fast food you can eat:
• Two Fresco Ranchero Chicken Soft Tacos: 340 calories; 8 g fat; 44 g carbs; 24 g protein.
• Fresco Burrito Supreme (Chicken): 340 calories; 8 g fat; 50 g carbs; 18 g protein.
• Fresco Burrito Supreme (Steak): 330 calories; 8 g fat; 49 g carbs; 16 g protein.
• Two Fresco Grilled Steak Soft Tacos: 320 calories; 9 g fat; 42 g carbs; 18 g protein.
Fit Tip: Order everything "Fresco Style" — meaning with salsa and without cheese or sauce. All the Fresco Style foods are pretty good. In fact, Taco Bell has even used the Fresco Style concept for its Drive-Thru Diet Menu.
• Regular Roast Beef Sandwich: 350 calories; 13 g fat; 37 g carbs; 23 g protein.
• Chopped Farmhouse Chicken Salad - Roast: 260 calories; 14 g fat; 10 g carbs; 24 g protein.
• Chopped Farmhouse Salad - Turkey and Ham: 250 calories; 14 g fat; 9 g carbs; 23 g protein.
Fit Tip: The bun is what costs you the most calories in any sandwich, so you might want to eat only half and save about 100 calories. Avoid all the Market Fresh Sandwiches. All their dressings are pretty high in calories, too. Your best bet is the Balsamic Vinaigrette at 130 calories per serving.
• Tender Roast Sandwich (without sauce): 300 calories; 4.5 g fat; 28 g carbs; 34 g protein.
• Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (no dressing, no croutons): 200 calories; 6 g fat; 4 g carbs; 33 g protein.
• Grilled Chicken BLT Salad (without dressing): 220 calories; 7 g fat; 6 g carbs; 35 g protein.
• 2 Original Recipe Chicken Breasts (without skin or breading — you can order them this way): 300 calories; 5 g fat; 0 g carbs; 62 g protein.
• Grilled Filet Sandwich (without sauce): 280 calories; 3.5 g fat; 26 g carbs; 32 g protein.
Fit Tip: If you want a side, choose green beans (20 calories) or a large corn on the cob (140 calories). For salad dressing, use the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Fat Free Dressing — it's only 35 calories — or the Marzetti Light Italian, only 10 calories. All the grilled chicken offerings have fewer calories and less fat than the Original Recipe chicken.
LONG JOHN SILVER'S
• Grilled Pacific Salmon: 150 calories; 5 g fat; 2 g carbs; 24 g protein.
• Grilled Tilapia: 110 calories; 2.5 g fat; 1 g carbs; 22 g protein.
• Shrimp Scampi (8 pieces): 200 calories; 13 g fat; 3 g carbs; 17 g protein.
Fit Tip: The new Freshside Grille items make the choices simple. If you order the "Freshside Grille 350 calorie lunches" you can get the vegetable medley (2 ounces) for only 25 calories and the rice (2.5 ounces) for 80 calories. Avoid the tartar sauce (100 calories).