If You Go ... 'In the steps of a Top Chef' tour
"IN THE STEPS OF A TOP CHEF" TOUR: Three-hour walking tour (with one short subway ride) in downtown Manhattan, inspired by the Bravo show "Top Chef."
Tour currently offered Fridays and Saturdays, 11 a.m., but may be subject to change; www.cityfoodtours.com, 212-535-8687.
Tickets, $45 plus $2 online booking fee.
"TOP CHEF" SHOW: www.bravotv.com/top-chef
• FRENCH CULINARY INSTITUTE: 462 Broadway at Grand Street, www.frenchculinary.com/lecole.htm. Prix-fixe meals at reduced prices (five-course dinner, $42) at the school's restaurant, L'Ecole, prepared by students and instructors. Reservations: 212-219-3300.
• DI PALO'S FINE FOODS: 200 Grand St., www.store.dipaloselects.com
• 24 PRINCE: 24 Prince St., www.24prince.com
• BROADWAY PANHANDLER: 65 E. 8th St., www.broadwaypanhandler.com/broadway
• 'WICHCRAFT: 12 locations in Manhattan, plus San Francisco and Las Vegas; www.wichcraftnyc.com