$110K gift aids 8 Hawaii schools' performing arts centers
An anonymous donor has presented the Hawai'i Arts Alliance with a gift of $110,000 to support arts education in high schools.
The bulk of the gift has been designated to support the work of the Performing Arts Learning Centers on O'ahu, Maui, Hawai'i island and Kaua'i. These include:
• Baldwin High School Performing Arts Center
• Castle Performing Arts Center, Kailua
• Hilo High School Performing Arts Learning Center
• Kaimuki High School Performing Arts Center
• Kauai Performing Arts Learning Center
• Central Theatre Arts Academy, Mililani
• Nanakuli High and Intermediate Performing Arts Center
• Alliance for Drama Education's T -Shirt Theatre at Farrington High School, Honolulu
The gift is meant as a challenge; each center must raise matching donations to an initial $5,000 gift in order to receive a second grant installment.
To make a gift or learn more: 533-2787; hawaiiartsalliance.org