PURIM IN LAS VEGAS!, Chabad of Hawaii's annual Purim Party, commemorating deliverance of the Jewish people of the ancient Persian Empire, with live music, masquerade contest for adults and children, opening Megillah (Scroll of Esther) reading, games and activities, hypnotist, and buffet with hamantashen (traditional three-cornered Purim pastry); 5 p.m. Feb. 28, Ala Moana Hotel, second floor; $20 (children , $10); masquerade attire requested; 735-8161
Also: Megillah readings, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27, and 9 a.m. Feb. 28, same location.
"PALLIATIVE CARE, SUFFERING AND PAIN CONTROL," a lenten study from the United Church of Christ study "Faithfully Facing Dying," with nurse Cheri Shimose-Eng, 10:45 a.m. Feb. 28, Waiokeola Congregational Church, Kāhala; 737-0541, ext. 1.
"TRANSFORMING YOUR LIFE WITH SOUL TRAVEL," open discussion sponsored by Eckankar Hawai'i; 2-3:30 p.m. Feb. 28, Coffee Talk shop, Kaimukī; free; information, 735-7719.
REACQUAINTANCE GATHERINGS for inactive Catholics seeking answers about returning to the church; 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, through March 31, St. Anthony of Padua Church, Kailua, Makai Room; information, 266-2222.
HAITI EARTHQUAKE RELIEF, Episcopal Relief and Development, Haiti Fund: donate at www.er-d.org.
UPDATE: WEEKLY MIDEAST BIBLE PROPHECY UPDATE, by the Rev. J.D. Farag of Calvary Chapel Kaneohe; 9:30 a.m. Sundays, at the church; followed by a verse-by-verse teaching from the Bible; information, 262-8800.
WEDNESDAYS AT ST. ANDREW'S, Episcopal Cathedral of St. Andrew; information, 524-2822:
• Holy Eucharist (communion) and short sermon; 11:45 a.m., Parke Chapel.
• Brown-bag concerts of chamber and choral music and recitals on the cathedral's Aeolian Skinner pipe organ; 12:15 p.m.; brown-bag lunches in the cathedral encouraged; free.
• Taize Evensong, contemplative, half-hour service; 5:30 p.m., in the cathedral.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF HONOLULU, national grief and divorce support groups/programs, at the church, 45-550 Ki'ona'ole Road, Kāne'ohe; free ($10 registration/workbook fee); free child care with notice; information, 226-7511:
• GriefShare, for those who have lost someone through death; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays; specific information, 532-1111.
• DivorceCare, an after-divorce series; 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays; specific information, 254-3136.