What's open/closed: New Year's day
Here's what's open and closed today, New Year's Day:
• State and county offices: Closed
• Federal offices: Closed
• Mail: All post offices closed; no residential delivery.
• Libraries: Closed. For information, visit www.librarieshawaii.org or call your local library.
• TheBus: Operating on a Sunday schedule. Information: 848-5555.
• Handi-Vans: Operating
• On-street parking: Free, except for metered stalls on Kalākaua Avenue along Kapi'olani Park; holiday tow-away zone parking as permitted by sign; meters in municipal lots must be fed.
• Traffic: No coning
• Recreation centers and botanical gardens: Closed
• Honolulu Zoo: Open
• Municipal golf courses: Pali and West Loch closed. Ala Wai, Ewa Villages and Ted Makalena open 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Kahuku open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Trash: No rubbish pickup
• Landfills/refuse transfer stations: Closed
• People's Open Markets: Closed
• Banks/Stock Exchange: Closed