Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

Log in | Become a member
The Honolulu Advertiser
Posted on: Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sheen back on set after Christmas arrest

Advertiser Staff

Hawaii news photo - The Honolulu Advertiser

Charlie Sheen

spacer spacer
Hawaii news photo - The Honolulu Advertiser

Mel Gibson

spacer spacer

Charlie Sheen is back at work at "Two and a Half Men," and his producer said yesterday that the audience at the actor's first show taping since his arrest was "incredibly supportive."

Sheen taped an episode of the top-rated CBS comedy on Friday. He was arrested Christmas Day in Aspen, Colo., on suspicion of domestic violence and other charges. Sheen's wife, Brooke, told police he put a knife to her throat, an accusation the actor denies. Attorneys say the couple wants to reconcile.

Sheen showed up at work Monday and rehearsals went well, said Chuck Lorre, the show's creator and executive producer. He said the incident wasn't ignored, but wouldn't say how it came up backstage.


About 300 inmates have been transferred out of a prison in Mexico's Gulf coast state of Veracruz to make room for a film that Mel Gibson reportedly plans to make there.

Ignacio Allende prison director Gerardo Duran says the inmates were being bused to at least four other jails.

About 1,200 prisoners remain at the facility in the city of Veracruz.

About 60 inmates' relatives protested yesterday's transfer, saying they will have to travel farther to pay visits. They scuffled briefly with police.

Veracruz Gov. Fidel Herrera has said that part of the prison would be emptied for a Gibson film. Gibson representatives have not responded to requests for comment.


A California appeals court ruled in favor of octuplets mother Nadya Suleman on Friday, denying a call for an independent guardian to monitor her children's finances.

The 4th District Court of Appeal in Santa Ana called the petition an "unprecedented, meritless effort by a stranger" and directed an Orange County probate court to vacate its order for an investigation into the family's finances.

Paul Petersen, an advocate for children in the entertainment industry, argued that Suleman's children were vulnerable and that an independent guardian should be appointed to look after their financial interests.


Socialite Casey Johnson was already dead when an ambulance was called to her Los Angeles home, according to the woman who made the 911 call.

A recording of the call was posted on the gossip Web site TMZ yesterday.

The woman, who is not identified, describes the Johnson & Johnson heiress as "ice cold" and says Johnson's hands were turning blue. The woman also says there are two other people at the home, and they all believe that Johnson is dead.

The 30-year-old Johnson, whose father is New York Jets owner Robert "Woody" Johnson, was found dead in her Los Angeles home on Monday. The cause of death hasn't been determined. Her body has been flown east for a private funeral.

Advertiser News Services