Shop a Le‘a returns to Ala Moana Center March 22-28
Ala Moana Center will host Shop a Le‘a, Honolulu’s third annual weeklong spring fashion and shopping festival, March 22-28.
The event includes fashion shows and trunk shows, lifestyle seminars and events at Centerstage, cuisine demonstrations, live entertainment and nightlife events.
Participating stores will offer special services and products throughout the week.
Shop a Le‘a also includes a full lineup of public entertainment:
• On Monday, March 22, and Tuesday, March 23, the Pacific Basin Music Festival will take place at Centerstage, with choral and wind ensemble performances from high schools across the country.
• On Wednesday, March 24, the Royal Hawaiian Band will perform at Centerstage at 2 p.m. From 4-6:30 p.m. Beauty Bar Event at Centerstage will offer shoppers complimentary mini hand massages, makeup consultations, a Philosophy oxygen facial peel, or a hair consultation and quick styling. To attend, shoppers simply need to make a purchase from The Body Shop, MAC Cosmetics, Nordstrom, or W Salon between March 17 and March 24 and show their sales receipt as entry to the event. A donation to Dress for Success will also qualify for complimentary event entry.
• On Thursday, March 25, from 10 a.m to 12:30 p.m., the LEGO at Centerstage, interactive LEGO building event encourages imaginations to run wild and is fun for all ages.
At 2 p.m., middle school to high school students from Island Ukuleles in British Columbia, Canada give a live ukulele performance, and at 4 p.m., the Burroughs High School Symphony Orchestra will perform, featuring high school students from Burroughs, Calif.
From 5:30 to 9 p.m., Amy Hanaiali‘i will perform at Nordstrom.
• On Friday, March 26, at noon, the Forever 21 Spring Break Fashion Show will take place at Centerstage. At 4 p.m., the Franklin High School Keyboard Ensemble from Somerset, N.J. performs, followed at 6 p.m. by Manoa DNA.
• On Saturday, March 27, from 12 to 2:30 p.m. LEGO at Centerstage returns.
At 4 p.m., the Honolulu Dance Studio presents a contemporary dance concert.
At 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., Ala Moana Magazine’s 2010 Runway Show takes place at Centerstage.
• On Sunday, March 28, at 10 a.m., Keiki Hula takes place at Centerstage, with live entertainment by Na Hoku Hanohano award-winning musicians and hula halau.
At 2 p.m., Ala Moana Magazine’s 2010 Runway Show returns to Centerstage.
ON THE WEB:
For up-to-date information on Shop a Le‘a, go to http://www.AlaMoanaCenter.com.