Faith calendar L.A. churches run into marathon-related issues
STATIONS OF THE CROSS, 6 p.m. Fridays (except Good Friday) during Lent, Holy Trinity Catholic Church; 396-0551.
SPRING THRIFT SHOP CLEARANCE SALE, with clothing, toys and other items, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. March 20, Kailua United Methodist Church; 261-6238.
OHIGAN (the Japanese Buddhist celebration of the vernal equinox), "talk-story" lecture by the Rev. Yoshiaki Fujitani, former bishop of Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawai'i, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. March 20, in the temple's annex; $10 ($15 with lunch); registration, 536-7044.
ECKANKAR SPIRITUAL DISCUSSIONS for all faiths: "Your Spiritual Mission," 2 p.m. March 20 at Coffee Talk in Kaimukī; "Creative Ability Is Survival," 10 a.m. March 21 at the Kaimukī Community Park main hall. www.aloha.net/~eck.
COMMUNITY CHURCH PICNIC, hosted by Living The Word Ministries; 11 a.m.-3 p.m. March 21; Ke'ehi Lagoon Beach Park; 834-2823.
O'AHU CHORAL SOCIETY CONCERT: JOY OF SPRING!, with the Honolulu Symphony Chorus; 5:30 p.m. March 21; St. Andrew's Cathedral; $20 ($15 seniors, military and students with ID); 524-0815, ext. 257.
REACQUAINTANCE GATHERINGS for inactive Catholics seeking answers about returning to the church; 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, through March 31, St. Anthony of Padua Church, Kailua, Makai Room; information, 266-2222.
HAITI EARTHQUAKE RELIEF, Episcopal Relief and Development, Haiti Fund: donate at www.er-d.org.
GUIDED, SILENT AND WALKING MEDITATION, based on the Thich Nhat Hanh tradition, 7:30-9 p.m., second Fridays monthly, Mililani Hongwanji Mission; 625-1022.
UPDATE: WEEKLY MIDEAST BIBLE PROPHECY UPDATE, by the Rev. J.D. Farag of Calvary Chapel Kāne'ohe; 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Sundays, at the church; followed by a verse-by-verse teaching from the Bible; information, 262-8800.
WEDNESDAYS AT ST. ANDREW'S, Episcopal Cathedral of St. Andrew; information, 524-2822:
• Holy Eucharist (communion) and short sermon; 11:45 a.m., Parke Chapel.
• Brown-bag concerts of chamber and choral music and recitals on the cathedral's Aeolian Skinner pipe organ; 12:15 p.m.; brown-bag lunches in the cathedral encouraged; free.
• Taize Evensong, contemplative, half-hour service; 5:30 p.m., in the cathedral.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF HONOLULU, national grief and divorce support groups/programs, at the church, 45-550 Ki'ona'ole Road, Kāne'ohe; free ($10 registration/workbook fee); free child care with notice; information, 226-7511:
• GriefShare, for those who have lost someone through death; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays; specific information, 532-1111.
• DivorceCare, an after-divorce series; 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays; specific information, 254-3136.