Prince Resorts Hawaii offers family specials through September:
• Two for One with a Second Room Free: Save up to 20 percent off the rate on your first room and receive the second room free at Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki, Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel and Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. Offer based on double occupancy, April 1-Sept. 30. (Mauna Kea Beach Hotel starts April 10).
• Kids Eat Free Program: Children 12 and younger eat free when dining with parents at:
Prince Court, Hakone and Bird of Paradise at Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki April 1-Sept. 30.
Ocean Terrace, Beach Bar and Coast Grille at Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel April 1-Sept. 30.
Manta & Pavilion Wine Bar, Number 3, Hau Tree, Sunday Brunch, Luau and Clambake at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel April 10-Sept. 30.
• Kids Golf Free Program: Children 17 and younger will golf free with their parents at Hawaii Prince Golf Club at Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki and Hapuna Golf Course at Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel April 1-Sept. 30.
FIREKNIFE CHAMPIONSHIPS: The world's most talented fireknife dancers will compete at the Polynesian Cultural Center's 18th Annual World Fireknife Championships this spring.
Preliminary competitions begin at 7:45 p.m. May 12; semifinals, duet and junior competitions begin 7:45 p.m. May 13 at PCC's Hale Aloha Theater.
Finalists for the 2010 World Fireknife Champion will compete in a two-day competition starting at 7:30 p.m. May 14 at PCC's Pacific Theater.
The competition takes place during intermission of the "Ha: Breath of Life" evening show.
The top three contestants will compete for the championship title May 15, also during intermission of the evening show.
May 12-15 at the Polynesian Cultural Center, www.polynesia.org.
NEW IN LIHU'E: Aqua Hotels & Resorts offers special packages at the renamed Kauai Beach Resort in Líhue.
• Best Available rate starts at $89 per night for a mountain/garden view room.
• Snooze-n-Crooze rate starts at $119 per night and includes a compact rental car (driver must be 25 or older).
• Room & Breakfast rate starts at $119 per night and includes breakfast for two, per room, per day.
The packages are through Dec. 21 for single or double occupancy, with no minimum stay. A Hawai'i I.D. will be required upon check-in and upon pickup of the rental car, 866-406-2782.
BAGGAGE CREDIT: Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa's "Bags Stay Free" credits guests with $25 per bag for airline luggage fees. The baggage fee credit can be used at Hawaii Calls Restaurant & Lounge, Royal Luau, Kona Coffee Shoppe, for room rate, taxes, parking and Internet.
Rates begin at $199 per room, per night for Garden Mountain View accommodations.
The offer applies to a minimum two-night stay through Dec. 24. Proof of valid airline baggage receipt (overweight charges not valid) must be presented at check-in and is limited to two pieces of luggage per room, per stay. Must quote code L9Z when booking package to receive offer. www.waikoloamarriott.com, 800-721-6996.
SHARKS AND TURTLES: Maui Ocean Center's hammerhead sharks and green sea turtles are the celebrities on a tour that also invites guests to join a supervised feed of the animals in the Hammerhead Harbor and Turtle Lagoon exhibits. Tours are 11:30 a.m. March 23 and 30. Cost: $10 per person in addition to park admission. Sign-ups for the tour are taken at the Aquarium's front gate or in advance, 808-270-7089. Reservations recommended. Tour meets at the Audio Guide Return booth.