Hopping to it
By Zenaida Serrano
Advertiser Staff Writer
A sure sign spring's in full swing: egg hunts. Kicking off the Easter festivities is the Waikīkī Aquarium's popular SeaHunt this morning, an annual event with arts and crafts booths, educational activities, and a visit from the Easter Bunny ó of course.
"Easter SeaHunt offers families a great opportunity to enjoy the spring holiday while coming face-to-fin with a myriad of colorful reef fishes, jellies, sea dragons and Pacific corals," said Andrew Rossiter, aquarium director.
Family-friendly Easter celebrations this and next weekend:
• SeaHunt, with arts and crafts booths, pictures with the Easter Bunny and a treasure hunt (hunt time slots are limited); 8:30-11:30 a.m. today; Waikīkī Aquarium; $10, free for members; 923-9741, www.waquarium.org.
• Market City Shopping Center's Easter Celebration, with a bunny petting zoo, Easter crafts, picture-taking with the Easter Bunny (nominal fee) and Easter egg and balloon giveaways; 10 a.m.-1 p.m. today; Market City Shopping Center; free; 734-0282.
• The Baby Hui eighth annual Easter egg hunt, with Easter arts and crafts and keiki play area activities; 9:30-11 a.m. Monday; Nu'uanu Valley Park (mauka of Queen Emma's Summer Palace); free; www.thebabyhui.org, 386-7271.
• Eggstravaganza Family Fair and Easter Egg Hunt at Ko'olau, with food, inflatables, face painting, balloon art, an Easter egg hunt and more; 9 a.m.-noon April 3; Ko'olau Golf Range; free; www.fpchawaii.org, 532-1111.
• 3rd annual Decorate an Egg the Xeriscape Way workshop and Easter egg hunt, for ages 2-12 (accompanied by a responsible adult); 10 a.m.-noon April 3; Halawa Xeriscape Garden; $5 per family, free for members, registration ends Wednesday; 748-5369.