honoluluadvertiser.com

Sponsored by:

Comment, blog & share photos

Log in | Become a member
The Honolulu Advertiser
Posted on: Thursday, May 20, 2010

Body found in burned Pahoa home


Advertiser Staff

Hawaii County firefighters responding to a house fire in Pahoa Wednesday night discovered a badly burned body on a living room sofa.

A fire department news release says the person has yet to be identified.

The release says fire crews were dispatched to 14-801 Cholet Circle in Nanawale Estates at 11:16 p.m.

The release says dispatch was told an invalid who was unable to walk was trapped in the house.

Firefighters said heavy smoke was pouring from the house when they arrived at 11:25. The fire which was confined to the living room was under control by 11:30 and declared extinguished at 11:45.

Paramedics pronounced the victim dead at the scene.

Fire inspectors and police are investigating.

The house was a single-story, single-family wood structure. Damage to the house was estimated at $125,000.