2009 Pigskin Picks Online Contest
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, The Honolulu Advertiser’s Pigskin Picks contest is open to Hawaii residents who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Honolulu Advertiser, Gannett Co., Inc., Papa John’s, Primo Beer, Sheraton Hawaii, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
- How To Enter. The contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. on 8/31/09 and end at 11:59 p.m. on 12/31/09. To enter: complete entry form found in the Monday and Tuesday editions of The Honolulu Advertiser. Pick one team as the winner in each of the football games listed on that week’s entry, be sure to include the tiebreaker totals. Any game left blank will count as a loss. If a game ends in a tie, you’ll automatically be credited with a win for that game. Mail completed entry form postmarked by midnight each Wednesday to Pigskin Picks, The Honolulu Advertiser, Honolulu, HI 96801-5019; or bring completed entry form to The Honolulu Advertiser News Building no later than 4:30 p.m. HT each Thursday or to any participating Oahu Papa John’s restaurant no later than 5 p.m. HT each Thursday. No facsimiles or photocopies accepted. If mailed, entries must be pasted to 4”x6” card. No envelopes accepted. Entry forms that are incomplete, illegible, contain inaccurate or incorrect information will be disqualified. You may also enter online by visiting www.HonoluluAdvertiser.com, clicking on the Pigskin Picks contest link, completing all required information and following all posted instructions. All picks for that week will be locked at midnight H.T. on the Thursday before that weekend’s games. Maximum one (1) online entry per person per week. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that Sponsor deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
- Weekly Winner/Finalist Selection (Tiebreakers): Weekly Prize Winners: Players receive one point for each correct pick. The player with the highest score for the week is the winner. If there is a tie, a tiebreaker – total offensive yards for both teams in a predetermined game – will be used to determine the winner. If there is still a tie after using that week’s tiebreaker, a random drawing from the qualified entries will determine the winner. Tiebreakers will be included on each week’s ballot and must be filled out to make ballot valid for tiebreaker procedure. Grand Prize: The overall standings are calculated by combining the 14 highest scoring weeks. The four lowest scoring weeks will be dropped. Using this formula, the top overall score for online players will win the Grand Prize Package. Print ballot entries are not eligible for this cumulative online contest.
- Prizes and Odds. Some or all of the prizes may not be awarded. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Every week, a determination of weekly winners will be made on the Monday following that week’s games. The person with the highest weekly score chosen from all entries becomes the weekly winner. If there is a tie, a tiebreaker featured on each weekly ballot will be used to determine the winner. Statistics used will be provided by the University of Hawaii for UH games and by The Associated Press for college and pro games. If there is still a tie, a random drawing from all qualified ballots tied after the tiebreaker will determine the winner. Eighteen (18) Weekly First-Prize Winners: will each receive a round trip for two to Las Vegas from Honolulu. Travel packages will include two (2) roundtrip tickets to Las Vegas from Honolulu, four (4) nights at the California Hotel, ground transfers to and from airport and meal vouchers. Must be age 21 or older at the time of entry. Room certificates based on space availability (midweek only). Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. All other expenses not specified above as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize package also includes $100 Papa John’s gift card. Weekly First-Prize package ARV: $1,700. Value of travel package may vary depending on travel itinerary, and costs of air transportation at time of award. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive fifty-two (52) medium pizzas courtesy of Papa John’s (ARV: $1,040); twenty-four (24) cases of Primo Beer (ARV: $864); a high-definition television (ARV: $1,500); and Tivo DVR (ARV: $160). No substitutions. Grand Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. Taxes and all other expenses not specified above as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize Winner. Tivo service fee is responsibility of winner. Other restrictions may apply. (ARV: $3,564). Second Place: One (1) Second-Place will receive a two-night stay at a neighbor island Sheraton Hotel. (ARV: $950). Third Place: One (1) Third-Place will receive a two-night stay at a Waikiki Sheraton Hotel. (ARV: $600). Fourth Place: One (1) Fourth-Place will receive a one-night stay at a Waikiki Sheraton Hotel. (ARV: $300). Some or all of the prizes may not be awarded. Prizes may be subject to blackout periods. Other restrictions may apply. Costs of meals, ground transportation, gratuities, taxes, transportation to and from airport and all other expenses not specified above as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of winner.
- Prize restrictions: All prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. Taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner unless otherwise specified. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No substitutions.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Pigskin Picks prize winners will be notified on the Monday following that week’s games at the telephone number provided on winner’s entry form. Sponsor will call number provided on entry form. Failure to reach prize winner(s) by phone may result in disqualification of finalist, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute finalist from among all remaining eligible entries. All weekly prizewinners must personally visit The Honolulu Advertiser’s offices at 605 Kapiolani Blvd., Honolulu, within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. HT and 4:30 p.m. HT weekdays) and must present a valid photo identification. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of personal delivery or date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, will result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Persons who are traveling as guests of a prizewinner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial or promotional purpose, without further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation. By submitting an entry form, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found to have violated these Official Rules. In the event of an occurrence that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor. Pigskin Picks is sponsored by Gannett Pacific Corporation doing business as The Honolulu Advertiser. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after 1/15/10) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit the News Building at 605 Kapiolani Blvd., or e-mail email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact The Honolulu Advertiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Release of Liability. The Honolulu Advertiser is not responsible for the acts or omissions of the participating companies nor for any loss or damage to person or property arising from or related to this contest. Submission of an entry form constitutes the entrant’s agreement to release and discharge the Honolulu Advertiser, its affiliates, employees, agents and representatives from liability for any loss or injury or any other consequence arising or resulting from entry and/or participation in the contest.