Seven workers for Pioneer Hi-Bred International were exposed to an insecticide about 8:30 a.m. today and were taken to St. Francis West Medical Center for treatment.
The seven were washed down by a hazardous materials team from the Honolulu Fire Department and were undergoing checkups in the emergency room.
A spokesman for Pioneer Hi-Bred said the checkups were precautionary and that the insecticide is not considered to be extremely hazardous. The company grows corn seed for feed stock.
[back to top]